Letting Timeout

Letting Timeout
Monday 27/11/2006, 23:32
AoEM Tarr - Legend Česky

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
10 messages
Letting Timeout
AoEM Tarr - Legend - Army of Elite MercenariesČesky - Monday 27/11/2006, 23:32

Yesterday I ended up 26th in tournament because 4 minutes before end I got timeouted like this: I have 10 life, 4 pills, Bruce... opponent has 2 life, 1 pill, and some 3/3 not fully evolved guy. Certain KO, but no battlepoints given, because somebody is an *******. I think that the rules are giving "timeouters" too much space and making them easy way to spoil the game. If I see that the other one is detaining and I quit the game to play with someone else while there is tournament - not only he wins and get points, but I also receive 10 points penalty. I think that when the game timeouts the result of the match should be that the timeouter looses, and the other wins. I know that some sort of Clint penalty will damage players who not cause timeouts wittingly, so thats why I offer this solution: !!! Let timeouters loose by default. !!!

2/10
BodeCBM-EVO - Hero Português
Tuesday 28/11/2006, 02:26

I never heard anyone saying that actual timeout "punishment" is right...

my suggestions:

-lose more battle points
-timeout guy cant play for a period of time (10minutes?)
-person who suffers timeout gain 10 points (insted of 5)
-if u timeout 3 times during tornaments can log in the tornament

rulez agains "AFKers" during tornaments (afk are ppl who jsut stay logged in but simple dont reply when challenge)

-kicked after 5 minutes
-kicked after 3 un-replied challenges
3/10
ReadTheRules - Legend English
Tuesday 28/11/2006, 03:29

I hate when that happens. of course they never time out when they are winning. I agree "!!! Let timeouters loose by default. !!!"
4/10
AoEM Tarr - Legend - Army of Elite Mercenaries Česky
Tuesday 28/11/2006, 13:37

I agree with Bode with suggestion about AFKers... I hate when have to wait nearly 2 minutes to make another challenge. People who dont play should stay out of room and if they dont they should be forced to leave! And concerning timeouters - I think 10 minutes ban in play room will change nothing. People who are top ranks and have chance to win do not timeout you even if they already lost, because they hurry to make battle points elsewhere. Timeouters are people who are actually loosing current match and loosing whole tournament as well. 10 wont make difference for them. I think that the idea of giving person who suffered timeout battle points will be most fair. If you are winning and your opponent plays fair he gets KOed in 20 seconds and u receive about 15-25 points (depending on the match), if you get timeouted, it takes about 2 or 3 minutes, so I think 15 points shoud be fair enough to compensate the lost time.
5/10
cBp_Fojtik - Legend - Czech Beer Power Česky
Wednesday 29/11/2006, 07:56

Kicking AFKers is very good idea.
6/10
KV Celdin - Titan - KINGS OF VALACHIA Română
Sunday 03/12/2006, 22:29

I'd alsow suggest make a total "reaction" time of 1 min or something, i hate people who think 10 minutes/card...so if you'we spent all your "thinking" seconds then you outomaticaly timeout. This would force people to actualy play once they challenged/accepted a challenge, not just alt tab into the urban-rivals window every couple of mins.
7/10
AoEM Tarr - Legend - Army of Elite Mercenaries Česky
Monday 04/12/2006, 02:43

I think better idea would be this: Instead of those colourful smileys indicating fair play - do something like this: everytime a player is on the move in the game, timer will start and it will stop after player chooses card and pills... So there will be time value for each of two players for each match - then average "thinking" time will be counted and displayed instead of that smileys... if you see someone with thinking time more than 2 minutes / match you wont challenge him or accept his challenge - that will force player to fasten their game
8/10
ReadTheRules - Legend English
Tuesday 05/12/2006, 00:09

Kinda like a chess clock,
9/10
P5ych0h4x0r - Novice English
Friday 08/12/2006, 00:13

Very nice idea, Would greatly help us in tournaments to avoid the slow/afk players.
10/10
BodeCBM-EVO - Hero Português
Friday 08/12/2006, 18:38

I created a topic about this, please vote there

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals