Slow Players in dailies

Slow Players in dailies
Saturday 03/05/2008, 17:08
Hell O Ween - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
9 messages
Slow Players in dailies
Hell O Ween - Titan English - Saturday 03/05/2008, 17:08

It is getting very frustrating to join a ELO daily tournament only to have each foe you face take the maximum amount of time to reply to everything.
I feel that by the time you hit level 15 you should know the game well enough that it should not take that much time. And the ELO rooms are for a statigic play, if you cannot keep up then it is beyond you.
To stop this behavior can we please have the ELO dailies time per turn cut in half and ban anyone with a red face from them? Just the ELO dailies.

2/9
Force Majeure - Moderator - Open Casket English
Saturday 03/05/2008, 17:22

Having the ELO dailies time per turn cut in half would create confusion and pressure for ELO players every time a tourney comes up..

banning anyone with a red face from ELO is just discriminating and unacceptable..it's very inappropriate..
3/9
Saturday 03/05/2008, 17:34

And actually..not all people are the same..(i.e. there are slow-learners and fast-learners)..so please..don't be so judgmental..

this game is for anyone and everyone..isolating people just because they have red smileys or they play slow or time-out or leave battles doesn't mean that they should be cut out from the rest of the UR world..we all have our fair share regarding this issue..everyone here gets to battle people like those every once in a while..we just have to accept the facts..
4/9
6SimS-Sven - Guru - UTOPiA English
Saturday 03/05/2008, 17:38

Hi,as you can see this game is java-built,some can play on SMS,most of them have slow connection,try to play via phone
5/9
7-Redge-7 - Titan - ®Seven-Team® English
Saturday 03/05/2008, 17:41

This amount of time is a "limit", if they are within the limit what do you want the staff to do against it?
They already cut down this time limit in daily tournament, which is a good thing, but in Elo there is no reason to do so...
6/9
Cel Mostarda - Legend - Wise Men Distracted Português
Saturday 03/05/2008, 17:50

I just want to clarify something: Hell O Ween said i wasn't playing fast enough in elo during a daily tournament. really, is this slow?

Today at 13:29 …you have beat Hell O Ween (6-2) – your ELO value after the match: 1311
Today at 13:26 …you have crushed Machete_Gordon (12-0) – your ELO value after the match: 1301

a battle in 3 minutes, that is fast. maybe you should change your idea of "fast" and "slow"
7/9
Hell O Ween - Titan English
Saturday 03/05/2008, 18:00

As for red faces, it would take an extraordinary set of circumstances or a completely unreliable connection to have a red face. As it stands it is largly a choice to have that redface. This is not a large problem as the redfaces are easy to avoid. Perhaps a way to set your random meter to avoid redfaces then?

I can understand the confusion the quicker turn meter would create and can understand why it isnt used but perhaps there is a way to fix this...maybe a room or two for faster players that is always at half time. This would reward those who can play quickerand still not disallow anyone.

As for the statement 'And actually..not all people are the same..(i.e. there are slow-learners and fast-learners)..so please..don't be so judgmental..

this game is for anyone and everyone..isolating people just because they have red smileys or they play slow or time-out or leave battles doesn't mean that they should be cut out from the rest of the UR world..we all have our fair share regarding this issue..everyone here gets to battle people like those every once in a while..we just have to accept the facts.."

I never said we should cut anyone from the UR world. I am talking about the ELO room and then only during tournaments.

But I do see your point in the confusion and unfair (not that I agree but I do see your point) discrimination. AS an alternate suggestion open more rooms for those who play faster.
8/9
7-Redge-7 - Titan - ®Seven-Team® English
Saturday 03/05/2008, 18:08

See it that way, if they expire it's more (free) points for you
9/9
Saturday 03/05/2008, 18:15

When I said "doesn't mean that they should be cut from the rest of the UR world":

I meant to say that people should not be deprived of equality..cutting out certain players' rights for equality among other players to the game is almost the same as cutting them out from the rest of UR..because they will almost feel left out and isolated as compared to other UR players..

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals