Click here if you forgot your password.

How to play elo vs type 1 decks and also how to deal with sob

Wednesday 16/06/2010, 00:04
TheDarkOrc10 - Hero English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
7 messages
TheDarkOrc10 - Hero - Dark Order of AssassinsEnglish - Wednesday 16/06/2010, 00:04

Hey I am new and the clans like Nightmare and prianna seem overpowered even against Montana, how does one deal with sob? Of the pussy cats who is better jen or noemie? And finally why is it bad to have 5 stars in elo? It just means more 2 and 3 stars and unlike type 1 you dont get penalised for having 5 stars in your deck when you win. For a split deck is 4/4 best or is 5/3 best? Finally are leaders overated? They have one me the odd battle but they are pritty pathetic at fitting with no decent ability for themselves or clan bonus, yes they help your other dudes but its like playing with a man down. Is pussy cats and Jungo a good combo? What about pussy cats and Montana?

2/7
art633 - Senior English
Wednesday 16/06/2010, 09:43

Dealing with SoB? easy, use cards that have SoB ability like rescue's Kerry, Lea, or Sledg with his protection, Montana has Edd, he does good against Nightmare and Piranas... Noemi is great... it is not bad to have 5* in elo, but if You put 5*, You have to put a couple of 2*/3* also... 4/4 split is usually best, but sometimes it is wise to use 5/3, when we want to have 1 clans bonus more often, and the 3 cards of other clan can be played without their bonus (I use 5/3 split in decks with Sentinel Copper, Melvin, Lehane)... Leaders sometimes are the key in strategic playing, but building and playing a deck around Leader needs a little experience and good deck idea... lets say Ambre + Glorg, Oshitsune, Caelus? simple idea, devastating power, but if You put Caelus and Ambre in 1 deck, You have only 15* for the 6 remaining cards, wich is pretty painfull... pusycats/Jungo is good combo, especially with Sylth or well played Nyema, but playing this kind of deck requies experience, I dont advise using it until You get a hang of the game... to start with elo, I suggest using SoB or SoA clan bonus, or Rescue, they are very strong for beginers
3/7
URHunter - Titan English
Wednesday 16/06/2010, 12:37

SoB clans and GHEIST are both very expensive, and the low-end cards are flat out terrible (unlike Montana, where Riccado can actually win)
4/7
TheDarkOrc10 - Hero - Dark Order of Assassins English
Wednesday 16/06/2010, 15:29

Thanks for the feedback. I apologise for the spelling I meant won not "one" and leaders are not good for fighting not fitting!
5/7
Wednesday 16/06/2010, 15:35

One point If I use a card with the ability sob they use soa and then I am beat, there are not many good cards with sob in Montana or in general in most clans, so you can only have 1 or two max per deck and they usually rely on courage, which is not helpful.
6/7
ThatPerson - Veteran English
Wednesday 16/06/2010, 15:41

Mmm the problem you have is that Montana rely on their bonus, so that whenever SoB pops up, they usually don't take it well. (Hence why Edd is such a great card).
You mean Jeyn or Noemi right?
Noemi is 3*, so if you need any extra space go with her. (Sorry, not really expert on Pussycats)
Using 5* or 4* depends on your deck. Montana has the 2*s to definitely use them, but their 4*s are more reliable than 5*s. Also think about it this way: What's the WORST draw you can get from your deck? Always think about that too.
Leaders are not overrated. Unless you're using Rescue (And even then you might make a case for Hugo), Leaders always help. And really. you think it's playing man down? Most leaders have at least 7 Power, and their abilities CAN'T be stopped. (think about their bonus as Protection: Ability). Besides, Leaders help take down a clan's largest weakness.

I see you're a Pussycats fan? Well Jungo plays well with Pussycats. They have a great DR with Pegh, 2 Poisons (though one is banned nearly every week), and many cards whose abilities increase your life + the bonus.
Now Pussycats and Montana, i don't know. There isn't much synergy between the two clans IMO, but who knows? Maybe the DR in Pussycats is enough to overcome the low damage on both ends.

And yes it's true. Montana lacks a good SoA/SoB. Though that never stops a Hugo-Montana deck from being played nearly every ELO week.
7/7
Wednesday 16/06/2010, 16:04

Well an equal power card with a bonus or ability + x attack or + x power or -x opponent attack, - x opponent power beats them easily and if they have used those cards up or they may just ditch their weakest card or use a damage reducer, so when i SAY a man down I mean a Leader doesent win in combat that much, they help your other cards to win, but its hard trying to win with only 3 cards.

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals