Need tactics help with la junta/uppers deck

Saturday 29/05/2010, 04:55

It seems like a well balanced deck but I always see myself losing by the third or fourth round because I either use too many pills on my Dorian or Bryan or I am just one pill short of winning.

Can somebody help me with strategy for this deck? What characters should I typically use early on and how aggressive I should be.
Or even what cards I should use would be very helpful.

My deck:
Dorian (U)
Oxen (U)
Rubie (R)
Samantha (C)

La Junta
Bruce (C)
Bryan (R)
Jane Ramba (U)
Wardog (C)

It would be much appreciated ^__^

Saturday 29/05/2010, 07:19

Bryan - Naginata
Dorian - Nellie

bluff or use 5-6 pills on Naginata on the 1st round.. Uppers works great on low pill battles.

Saturday 29/05/2010, 07:29

Maybe a deck like:
Jane Ramba

That would leave your entire La Junta side to 2hko with Oxen (if ox goes first), Rubie, and Nellie.
So every hand (unless DR or SOB) will have a 2hko in it somewhere. Also, Trish and Nellie have great synergy with eachother's -Power. Maybe Add Dean in somehow (but that would reduce 2hkos, which Uppers and La Junta love, usually). Also the 3 SOA may hurt if you face Skeelz so Maybe Gatline in for Bryan. I'd keep Wendel cause he can be a nice starter card with 1 or 2 pillz to throw your opponent off.

Saturday 29/05/2010, 07:32

I forgot to add that you can 2-hit on most draws on that deck

Saturday 29/05/2010, 19:44

Help me please

Sunday 30/05/2010, 04:25

Force the opponent to pill using Oxen, Rubie, Samantha
save pillz for the heavy hitters.

personally, im not a fan of Rubie in elo decks... DT yes ELO no.

Monday 31/05/2010, 00:06

Normally I would say lose the Uppers half of the deck. This week though it looks like All-Stars will be in full force and they are the weakness for La Junta. When running a La Junta Deck, let your opponents overpill early. Play one to three pills depending on the card in the first round Emeth is a monster against anyone other than GHEIST/Roots.

Monday 31/05/2010, 20:14 ????

Monday 31/05/2010, 22:19

I would scrap one side. I don't think La Junta will be doing that well this week, with Marina and Striker being unbanned and all, and with their new card. However, La Junta have 2 nifty support cards, Thormund and Emeth, ever more useful if you choose to scrap the Uppers side.

Tuesday 15/06/2010, 09:53

Uppers really shine in T2 so id scrap the Uppers for elo but ur deck looks alright to me

Reply to this subject