New ELO player asking questions
Sunday 27/06/2010, 18:29
st4ar - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
12 messages
New ELO player asking questions
st4ar - Imperator English - Sunday 27/06/2010, 18:29

So i have a few questions as this is only my second week in ELO

Im having a problem where ill have the same attack as my enemy, but still lose.

And a few situations of where i have a higher attack and still lose?

Im playing on my Iphone if this makes any difference, in the ELO room, where i believe its no random?

This is what my guild mate told me could be the reason to my problem

Check that you have it set to "no random" (you can set this under "game preferences" when you're in any room - next to the "fight now" button).
In any battle with the same attack, the lower star count wins.
In any battle with the same attack and the same star count, the attacker wins

Here is a fight i was just in ~

Majin9 level 43

Kang
Oyoh
Randy
Robb

Me

Bristone
Ludmilla
Methane
Rolph

Round 3, he uses Randy

I one pill Methane thinking he will overpill as we are both on 8health 8 pills each.

He one pills Randy for 5 atk,who beats my Methane with 5 attack.

I had less stars in this encounter if u add them up.

Also had another fight earlier aganist _Killzone_ level 70.

I 7 pilled with Rolph

He 8 pills with Kerry in a mono Rescue deck so..

7x7=49
4x8 + 12 from clan bonus = 44

He won that round. How? i dont see how its possible, and its no the first instance of this.
« Previous12Next »

2/12
Endracer - Imperator - ▪▪Blood Hunters▪▪ Español
Sunday 27/06/2010, 18:50

You have turned on the setting matches in normal... change it to "no random" and it will be more fair. By the way I can bet that you have won having less atk and you didn't say that
3/12
Lunien - Guru English
Sunday 27/06/2010, 18:59

Less stars matter every round, Randy is 3 stars, Methane is 4 stars, so Randy wins. (This only matters in no random)

As for the second one, like your guild mate says, are you in random or no random? You can lose 49-44 in random
4/12
8H D-Sparky - Imperator English
Sunday 27/06/2010, 19:02

Your probaly playing on random

but Randy does beat Methane as Methane is a 4 star and Randy is a 3 star
5/12
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Sunday 27/06/2010, 19:20

"I had less stars in this encounter if u add them up."

That's not it, it's the single cards stars not the accumulated amount of the deck.

ie: a 2* card will beat a 3* card if they produce the exact same account. A 3* will beat a 4*, and so on.

Accumulated deck amounts only count toward who goes first. Highest goes first.

In your second example you will have been in normal, you'll have to check your settings.
6/12
Monday 28/06/2010, 08:47

Thanks for clearing that up, i was under the impression it was the overall number of stars of your 4 cards, guess only a new player could make that mistake. Also im not sure how to change the settings on my Iphone for random, ive looked and im probarbly missing something... I was fairly sure if i joined a ELO room, where you accumulate points random wasnt allowed in any circumstance in there?
7/12
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Monday 28/06/2010, 14:49

Random is allowed in all modes.

If you log into your account here and change your preference in your profile to 'No Random', I'm pretty sure it keeps that setting when you log in on your iPhone. When I play on my girlfriends it does for me, and i've never changed any setting on the phone app itself.
8/12
Jesuela - Titan English
Monday 28/06/2010, 15:47

It's because of the star of the cards.. Lower star always wins if the cards has the same attack..
9/12
Tuesday 29/06/2010, 03:08

Thanks for all your responses guys

@Shadowcouncil that might be the problem cheers mate!
10/12
TCG_Kris - Senior English
Tuesday 29/06/2010, 04:18

About the Kerry and Rolph part, Could have been a glich or you mis counted something. Possibly you only used 5 pillz and thus had 42 Attack.
Also, If Hugo was on her side for an extra 3 attack, and she used a total of 9 (8 + starting pill) She would have been 2 attack higher.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals