Leaving ELO Battles

Leaving ELO Battles
Saturday 10/07/2010, 00:27
samdan87153 - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
14 messages
Leaving ELO Battles
samdan87153 - Legend English - Saturday 10/07/2010, 00:27

Can there PLEASE be some kind of extra penalty for intentionally leaving an ELO match? I'm tired of losing uphands of 10 pts from a KO with pillz remaining because some guy left the match.

It's gotten much worse lately, in the past 3 weeks I've probably had close to 100 matches end by my opponent leaving before the end.

Maybe something like if they leave the match they lose/you gain twice the ELO points you would normally get?
« Previous12Next »

2/14
Force Majeure - Moderator - Open Casket English
Saturday 10/07/2010, 05:11

ELO scores are computed depending on your score and your opponent's score before the match.
KO or no, pillz remaining or none, the scores are already pre-determined as soon as the match starts.
Check the ELO calculator here:
http://www.urban-rivals.com/game/rules.php?show=elo

The only time that KO and pillz remaining are taken into account in the ELO room is when there is a Daily Tourney on-going. And even with that, it would only affect the battle points earned, not the ELO points earned.

If you are only after the Daily Tourneys, I suggest you switch from ELO to another room. Players in ELO naturally plays slower, the timer there is longer as well. Aside from that, it is well documented that some people leave their battles in that room.
3/14
badna0 - Titan English
Saturday 10/07/2010, 05:49

On a related note:
Is it considered bad courtesy to leave an ELO match? For example, if the game ends on the first turn (eg. I overpill egregiously etc.), is it courteous to stay the game, or to resign (as you might in chess)?
4/14
kazjun - Titan - aussie crusaders English
Saturday 10/07/2010, 18:52

Elo points aren't the same as battle points. Its annoying for DT, but I don't really care if someone resigns from ELO.
5/14
Cardz Ruler - Guru - D-Versified English
Saturday 10/07/2010, 20:48

@badna: be a fair loser. stick in there and keep your rating up...you never know wht coudl happen =)
6/14
St3f - Guru ελληνικά
Saturday 10/07/2010, 21:17

If your opponent quits you should be proud of yourself because you read his moves and made him angry, plus it saves you time
7/14
Blue Teddy - Novice English
Saturday 10/07/2010, 22:23

I don't see the point in staying in there, if you know your going to lose. Just a waste of time.
8/14
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Saturday 10/07/2010, 23:57

Leaving matches in ELO is common practice.

@samdan.... i looked at your fight history... you have won a total of 6 matches by forfeit in ELO this week. i really dont see that being a huge deal imho

i highly doubt you had another 94 matches won by forfeit in the previous 2 weeks
9/14
0 Anderson - Titan English
Sunday 11/07/2010, 00:29

Not getting a KO will only affect your BP outcome. Not your score.
10/14
Kantimplora - Legend English
Sunday 11/07/2010, 01:05

I'm sure that if you knew someone had a weapon and were gonna kill you, you'd prefer him to kill you quickly. Of course this is a game, but the feelings are pretty similar.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals