Fed up of Montana and to some extent Uppers

Friday 22/10/2010, 13:31
LegacyUKnown - Hero English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
12 messages
LegacyUKnown - Hero English - Friday 22/10/2010, 13:31

I've started to really hate the amount of people using Montana mono's, Montana/Uppers and to a somewhat lesser extent Uppers mono.

They might be overpowered bonuses but it gets really boring when you find your playing against Montana in Elo EVERY other game. Whats more is that the UR community and mods seem really reluctant to ban many of the top Montana cards for Elo but fine to nerf other clans.

The only Elo banned Montana cards now are the two Cr's. I mean why on earth should say Bristone be banned when Mona, a vastly superior 3* in my opinion (and I'd say most people's) is hardly ever banned.

Hell I'd also say the same for Spiaghi. When you see people using him in other clan's mono or split decks thats gotta be a sign that he should be Elo banned

I'ts been going on since when I first started UR and I hope it will change at some point like Rescue did. Although because its such a powerfull clan, many people use it and invest in the cards so are therefore unlikely to want the best cards out of Elo - a vicious circle

Your welcome to disagree with me if you want but don't put unusefull comments down like "my Montana deck will pwn you in Elo everytime so what you gonna do about it?"

I took Montana as the example because going on about Uppers as well would have gotten too long and boring.
« Previous12Next »

2/12
NitroBobby - Titan - SOLM English
Friday 22/10/2010, 16:22

Try this out
http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1561712&list
The Piranas screw up their bonus and the All Stars can lower their already low base power to very managable numbers, especially with Kang and Spudd -attack. Those two also have a min lower than the Montana.
Works for me!
3/12
jd105l - Veteran English
Friday 22/10/2010, 18:33

You want some cheese with that?
4/12
Raptor WMD - Master English
Friday 22/10/2010, 20:07

I will take some cheese pls. But seriously it gets really boring and annoying when once you hit 1200+ elo each week you play against the same 2-3 decks each week. Spiaghi... should pretty much be perma banned. Avola is also pretty broken(this week with SoA hit so hard on bans) I mean really she 2hkos with Spiaghi lol.
5/12
Lunien - Guru English
Sunday 24/10/2010, 00:53

SoB is your friend. Overpill Gianfranco if you like, people almost always play 1 pill on him. The rest of them are easy after that, especially if you're Piranas with pill manip.
6/12
swagmaster420 - Guru - TRiNiTY English
Sunday 24/10/2010, 01:33

You can still play SoA, and back in the day, it was all GHEIST.
7/12
Pasha911 - Veteran English
Sunday 24/10/2010, 01:40

SOA works rather well against Montana too , Ghiest preferably , I know this as a Montana player myself
8/12
Remzer - Hero - Les Saintes Galoches English
Sunday 24/10/2010, 01:49

Agree with OP.
The point isn't which decks or clans will beat Montana's, the point is that they need bans. Period.

One thing we don't want is a predictable cycle of clans switching, like:

Montana's are overused, people will switch to Piranas and All Stars to beat them.
Next week, Piranas and All Stars will be overused, so former Montana's will switch to X and Y clans to beat them.
Next week, X and Y are overused, yada, yada, yada, and so on until we get full circle back to Montana's kicking ass.

See what I mean? We don't want a game where you're always forced to switch clans to follow predictable, repetitve cycles of power. We want a balanced game where every clan can hold its own in any game mode. And right now, the higher ELOs are most often Montana's. Not fun, repetitive, discouraging.
9/12
Inonomas - Titan English
Sunday 24/10/2010, 09:28

Again with the whining. I used a mono Uppers deck with Skeelz filler. It got me to 1300+
after that my deck got destroyed because it simply fails against good players. I switched to mono Skeelz and that got me to 1400.
If you have problems with Montana and Uppers just use your votes and hope for a better next week.
It's clear to me the people complaining on the boards just arent good enough players.
You need to know how to read the meta game and adjust your deck to keep winning.
10/12
KitsuneKatsumi - Imperator - XiongDang English
Sunday 24/10/2010, 10:56

The OP is very misguided. Montana is one of the worst clans in ELO- this is due to the frailty of their characters, and Montana is several times worse than Uppers. To make matters even worse, Uppers completely stomp Montana head to head. If the game monitors are working towards better clan balance, they need to ban more Uppers before a single Montana. Avola and Glenn are practically the same, 7 power and 9 gap, but Glenn has the better Upper bonus, gets an extra damage against SOA, doesn't need to be played in mono AND every one else on her team does 6 damage. The Montana 3* don't have anyone close to Oxen or Rubie. Montana folds to Nightmare and Piranas. Uppers crushes them with Rubie's SOA. Often against Montana their damage is coming from Avola (or Don). Montana has to carefully conserve their pills. Uppers win if the opponent makes any mistake in pilling because their damage is so heavy. Uppers are unpredictable mind tricks and Montana are far, far, far more predictable and manageable. You can learn to play will against Montana but to beat Uppers you have to get lucky on coin flip situations.

Montana players treat Avola like the messiah, Uppers players see Glenn as Dorian's ugly cousin. I used Uppers this week and it was the easiest 1300 I've ever had. Uppers are arguably the best attack manipulation clan and Montana are one of the worst.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals