Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Will Single clan deck good enough for elo?

Thursday 18/11/2010, 09:52
heiguwa - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
5 messages
heiguwa - Guru - XiongDangEnglish - Thursday 18/11/2010, 09:52

I like to play a single clan deck style or just mix to a Leader clan. Do those experienced players think this style good enough? I think the game is mainly to deceive opponent and making a risk calculation. With the right method and luck you should win most the battles with single clan deck. Plz share your opinions.

2/5
M-Bison - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 18/11/2010, 11:14

What box is that? (Your picture???)
3/5
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Thursday 18/11/2010, 11:30

The main advantage of monoclan decks is their stability and support: cards. You're assured of getting a bonus on every card, none of those unlucky 3-1 splits. For clans with powerful support: cards (emeth, Buba, Oscar), this adds further incentive to go mono. Many clans like Rescue, La Junta and Sentinel work very well as monos.

The drawback is, support: notwithstanding, you're using inferior cards to fill out your deck. There are only so many usable cards in every clan, trying to pick 8 cards will likely result in the usage of subpar cards as fillers. Andsome, Corrina or Jerry are seldom used in half decks, but for monos, you have to consider them, especially when elo bans a handful of staples. In fact, it's very hard to make a mono this week due to the bannings.

Another drawback is the rigidity of monos. Many clans have glaring flaws: Sakrohm is vulnerable to SOAs, Nightmare lacks good DRs, Freaks bonus only works 1 turn. Matching two half-decks that cover each others' weakness or bolsters each others' strength can result in more balanced decks. Of course, there are clans that are already pretty balanced in mono....Rescue and Piranas for example.

As for leaders, most of the good ones are unfortunately permabanned in elo. It is still possible to make good decks with the usable leaders, such as Bridget-Pussycats or Ashigaru-Vortex, but they are a bit gimmicky and rare.
4/5
DS_coolasc - Imperator - ★ĐaяӄŠonş XIII★ Português
Thursday 18/11/2010, 11:43

It is a good strategy depending on the week, this week i'd say single clan isn't much good, and personally i rather like halfs, but all depends on ur style to play
5/5
KitsuneKatsumi - Titan - XiongDang English
Thursday 18/11/2010, 11:54

The problem with mono decks is all their big guns with Support abilities get destroyed by SOA (Skeelz being the exception but Skeelz's 5* characters are disasters in ELO). If you take something like Jungo, that clan has a split personality- it has Support but it also has Stop characters- so which do you run? So that is a huge problem.

I like 5-3 split decks. 5 characters gives you plenty of stability without relying on Support: characters. 3 is fine for clans where the bonus doesn't matter all the time (Pussycats, Vortex, Skeelz, Junkz, Sakrohm) or that you don't want to draw 3 characters ever (Freaks). a 3 character Pussycat splash of Yayoi, Britany and Cassio (8*), Skeelz of Chiara, Redra and Liam (7*), or Vortex of C Wing, Neloe and Onyx (7*) brings a lot of power at bargain efficiency. While the Vortex bonus is nice enough that you wont be hurt for going to 4 characters, adding a 5th character to a clan that has a great bonus more than makes up for it. For instance I would never play Uppers with less than 5 characters.

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals