How do we get to 1400+ ???

Saturday 22/05/2010, 06:11
Clairesu_LoA - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
24 messages
Clairesu_LoA - Titan - Legends of AmericaEnglish - Saturday 22/05/2010, 06:11

I realize that there may be many people on here that, like me, have not gotten to 1400 or be willing to share their secret. I, for my part, have been able to score somewhat often over 1300 with a personal best of 1378, but I have not gotten to the magic 1400, which is my aspiration and goal.

So, for those of you chosen experts, do you have any advice, any strategy?
Do you have a special deck, or special decks?
Do you choose to play at certain times of the day or on certain days?
Do you find a specific playing style that works particularly better?
Do you find different competition at different levels of the event?
What do you do if you get into a slump or losing streak?

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks sincerely for your time and response.
« Previous123Next »

11/24
wats_happenin - Legend - Casual Grind English
Sunday 23/05/2010, 12:28

Def the right music helps, trust me i got up near it several times thnx to the right music(Outkast/N.E.R.D and sum classics-jessie's girl)
12/24
Mr Intelijent - Hero - D-Versified English
Sunday 23/05/2010, 13:05

Lol im using a Sakrohm deck, all I do is half pill on Jaunta/Murray then pill rest on Wakai or Nimestic and Uranus makes them lose bad XD
13/24
Vrungel D - Imperator - Deus eX Machina ελληνικά
Sunday 23/05/2010, 13:12

Lol UrANERd... I can't see my best at my profile but I've been 1390+ it's all about style and being cool

Basically get a good deck, use your strong points, anticipate opponents moves and have fun.
But I'm just another guy you hasn't managed to break through into the 1400 (YET)
14/24
Mr Intelijent - Hero - D-Versified English
Sunday 23/05/2010, 13:40

Uma_Igorwise your best is 1395
15/24
Oneonone - Titan English
Sunday 23/05/2010, 15:54

The big secret is : PLAY

Don't stop when you reach a certain point. Keep going. The more you play, the more you learn and the more your prediction skills develop with a specific deck. Stick to one deck and play it until you know it. You'll gradually see your ELO score improve.

Of course there are good decks and bad decks to use, but just choose a deck from one of the top players and start using it. Another problem you might run into is the banning of cards. You can either choose a replacement card and alter your play style a little or just choose another deck. The more decks you are used to, the more you can predict what the opponent will do in a specific situation.

There is no magic trick... just experience gained by playing ELO lots and lots of times.
16/24
IM_Issen - Imperator - Immortality English
Sunday 23/05/2010, 16:13

^ i gotta agree with him.

i just reached 1400+ this week, and it took me a couple of hours to learn how to play the deck I was using.
first of all, if you really wanna reach 1400 ELO, then you have to learn how "not to give up".
if ever you'll lose a match, try to remember what actually happened and also, if applicable, never try to do it again.

you also need some tricks. like bluffs and the others. i believe there is a thread here that offers a good explanation on doing the bluffs and everything.

during a match and you know you can grab the win, then grab it.
you must also have back-up plans and follow-ups. back-up plans incase that your first move is ditched by the opponent, and a follow-up plan if ever your first move succeeds. after that, have another back-up plan again, then another follow-up.

playstyle. its not always everytime that your playstyle will work. sometimes, you have to adjust depending on the situation. you can't really play defensive Cats against Jungo or Freaks, and the like.

when using a deck, it is advantegous to use the deck that will somehow give you the upper hand. like if Skeelz is out, then use them.
or use the deck that can counter what is running rampant. like if Roots is out, then Roots will be your best best to use, or +/- Power to match them.

i believe this is what I've learned so far in my first struggle to 1400. and i can that I learned a lot.
i may not be the best ELO player but I really do hope I was able to help you.

- Thylus
17/24
Other Barry - Legend - Casual Grind English
Sunday 08/12/2013, 16:59

@wasteroftime
I just did a google search. There are tools out there designed to hack UR, and they are updating them every year. I play on the app on my phone, so fortunately the temptation to use them is a non-issue. Sorry I'm few years behind on the topic, but I had my suspicions and found out they were true. Seems like something community leaders would like to get the admins to fix. Especially since one of the hacks provides infinitefree clintz and credits.
18/24
Lu Bu - Titan - Limit Break English
Sunday 08/12/2013, 18:39

I'm pretty sure that's not a "hack" Mr.Necro, that is a scam.
19/24

Yes, its a server based game , you cant hack it.
20/24
GWN Matrix - Imperator - Great White North English
Monday 09/12/2013, 02:49

I've hit 1400 a few times.

Best strategy? Up until 1350 play smart, play the odds, never do 50/50's round 3 or 4. Always do "Forking" when you're leading in round 3.

When you're grinding your way up, pay attention to how many people are going all in in round 3 or 4, if you can't remember, actually write it down. Depending on the week there are definite shifts between round 3 and 4, so increase your odds in being able to call their round 3.

Once you hit 1350, start to assume your opponents are forking, and then do a counter fork.

Those of you who don't know what a fork is - it's playing a middle number of pills. If you have 8 pills, and need to win either round 3 or 4. Don't play all in one round, use some in each. That way if the opponent thinks you're bluffing round 3, you used a few pills and get the round, if they think you went all in, you win round 4. There is some math involved, because if an opponent can use some pills in round 3 and keep enough to cover your round 4, you need to be able to calculate that and pill over it.

Going for 1400+ usually means you're going for top 100. These players know about forking, they know the metas, and they are expecting you to play smart. So don't.

Once I'm over 1370 I start to do all ins again, and I stop olding on my first turn (0 pills). Get predictable. Start doing things that are obvious, because they think you're trying to outsmart them.

Simple as that.

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals