Under-rated cards from all clans

Saturday 22/05/2010, 11:00
AGPrinz - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
62 messages
AGPrinz - Titan - The BeSharpsEnglish - Saturday 22/05/2010, 11:00

I am making this thread because i feel some cards are underused even though they are quite viable in top tier play. Here goes.

Allstars:
I dont really wanna comment on a clan that i don't have much expertise on, so i will go ahead and state that Marina is probably the best unbanned card in the game, and is really under rated..

Bangers:
This is easy. Shann. This card is by far the best 5 star for the clan. really under used, and is very strong unless hit by Roots DR.

Fang Pi:
Sayura: although 6 power stinks, this card is still pretty good to pill on, especially since you can get up to 9 damage through.

Freaks:
Mira. This card is a staple in my Freaks decks. Combined with pill manipulation from Junkz (or the new 5 star freak), this card can overpower even the most power ghiest cards whenever it chooses.

Splata Cr: This card is still the best 5* freak imo, since Bogdan is a true staple. Under used.

GHEIST:
Bristone. This card offers what very few cards can: damage reduct and SOA. It shuts down so many cards. with having a useable 6 power as well.

Jungo:
Definetly Wendy. This card isnt bad for a two star, especially since it can widen a gap. most importantly, it can still get the important 4-6 gap when hit by soa.
« Previous1234567Next »

21/62
crazypants - Senior English
Saturday 22/05/2010, 23:23

Slyde is an easy choice how is she cheaper than Steve.When Slyde is 1 more of everything but power
22/62
HipHoppa - Titan - Hip Hop Messiahz English
Sunday 23/05/2010, 00:05

Jessica isn't underrated, she just sucks. Pow=pow is pretty lame without some type of attack/power manipulation to back it up...plus Redra (for half) and Sasha (for mono) are already the queen bees.

Corvus is just hard to fit into a deck with so many solid 5 stars. I mean Tomas, Caelus, Aylen...plus for 4 stars, there's Jay...
23/62
0 Anderson - Titan English
Sunday 23/05/2010, 00:20

Marina? Really? Mira is a great card especially on GHEIST and Roots weeks
24/62
XCap Wild - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Sunday 23/05/2010, 00:26

Correction on my earlier post - Effie is Dam=Dam not pow=pow. Even bettah.
25/62
spamg88-LoA - Veteran English
Sunday 23/05/2010, 00:27

@crazypants: That's the whole point though. Slyde is one huge extra star more than Steve, which makes it harder to fit Rescue's 4* such as Glosh and Kerry as well as 5* such as Sledg and Aurora. 5/3 with DR is good for 2 stars, but 5/4 with DR isn't that great for 3 stars. Besides, Steve is a Rare anyways, so even if Slyde was better than him, Steve would still be pretty high priced.

@HipHoppa: Corvus still has a very nice ability though. I see him as a slightly upgraded Smokey Cr (his 8 power makes that ability so much better) that is also immune to beasts such as Jackie and Hawk ability-wise! Caelus, however, is a staple if he is unbanned (Tomas and Aylen aren't as needed to a Skeelz deck as Caelus), and Jay is a huge threat. Corvus is indeed, in my opinion, underrated.
26/62
SadisticCynic - Hero English
Sunday 23/05/2010, 01:18

May be Kristin... besides from my deck i've never seen her used in an ELO deck b4 it's always Scubb or Katan before her, she've got raw power and all-stop ablity, people would give me the predictable confidence crap but as long as you can't do anything about it, being predictable is fine by me( even if you know winter snow is coming, you can't stop it now can you?). her usage is one thing, but her price is also stupid, being common alone doesn't explain why this is the way it is.
27/62
spamg88-LoA - Veteran English
Sunday 23/05/2010, 02:06

@Spreader: First of all, the classic Hawkins-Tula-Tyd-Smokey Cr is usually used for a Piranas half deck. So this leaves mono...Scubb is simply a beast in mono, so if you only have space for one 4*, he should be used over Kristin. Even Sting can sometimes be used over Kristin, though it's rare. (Katan is mediocre - I would use Kristin over her any day) She is still used fairly often - your guild Leader simply adores her.

Regarding confidence though....yes, you can't "stop" her all-stop ability. So, using your metaphor, if you see snow coming, you can't stop the snow by punching in the air. However, you can DODGE it. If I have a card like Tyd or Noodile, and I lose the first round, I can just throw a Tyd or Noodile out there. Their 8 power is a pain to overcome, and Kristin will do absolutely nothing (8 power against 7 power??). And if you won the first round, you're likely to be down in pillz as well (though this is less common with the pillz-plundering Piranas....say that three times fast), so Kristin's ability may be even harder to guarantee. Then you try to overpill the next round to gain that confidence....at that point your opponent might have you in a pillz lock while you try to squirm your way out of a loss. And remember, her ability can't be used the first round, so good lucky stopping that Kolos or Jay.

In her defense, though, she's much greater of a threat than tiny Spycee.
28/62
Omicron - Guru - Open Casket English
Sunday 23/05/2010, 03:15

Finally! thankyou chibi!
personally i think Harleen (Freaks) is VERY underrated.
2*, 7P/2D, ab -2 opp life, min 1 + clan bonus - better than Phyllis IMO.
And if you use the common 5/4/4/3/3/2/2/2 deck, who else are you going to use for that other 2 star spot?
29/62
XCap Wild - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Sunday 23/05/2010, 03:35

Scubb ain't so fantastic as Spag spouts. Power reducers make him yipe. It's all personal preference and Kristin is a fantastic RD2-3 card after you've won the previous. If the card wasn't courage based, would you even question it? Closest thing to mini-Shakra. Stronger SOA.SOB than Glorg. Whoop-ha.
30/62
crazypants - Senior English
Sunday 23/05/2010, 03:46

Dawn besides the fact she is overshadowed by other Skeelz five stars she is great but my number 1 reason for Me thinking Dawn is overatted because the fact most have said this about Dawn ''5 stars shouldn't be drs''.Well then explain to me why cards like DJ Korr Cr Charlie Graksmmxxt are considered the best cards in the game. Is it because a lack of a bonus?

« Previous1234567Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals