This week in ELO...

This week in ELO...
Monday 24/05/2010, 09:34
UmExcuseMe - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
38 messages
This week in ELO...
UmExcuseMe - Imperator English - Monday 24/05/2010, 09:34

I think it's pretty clear that the weekly bans shape the ELO environment, so I thot I'd start this thread on the decks that will be prevalent this week in the upper echelons of ELO. Opinions welcome!

Let's start with who's on the ban list. Bye bye, All Stars. After being traumatized by AS+Eyrik decks all last week, both Marina and Striker get the boot (good riddance). Caelus, Copper and Hugo keep their usual place in the sin bin. You'll still see Roots half decks, but at least Shakra won't be there. Same goes for the ever-popular mono-Rescue, who are slightly weakened by the ban on Sledg.

Who escaped this week? There's Morphun, so expect plenty of cheesy DR + heavy hitter decks, and you can forget about subtlety because they'll just absorb everything and deliver the KO in the later rounds. Speaking of cheesy, Sylth amazingly survives the cut (oh joy), and the truly sadistic will play Morphun and Sylth together.

Who else? Let's see, Toro made it, and so did Oshitsune. And...what's this? Uh oh, with Ghumbo, we're all in hot soup. All members of Nightmare and GHEIST survived, which means it's an SOA/SOB week, folks!

My prediction of prevalent decks:
Morphun + Sylth cheese
Morphun + any cheese
Nightmare
GHEIST
Nightmare/GHEIST
GHEIST/Nightmare (are you sensing a pattern?)
Piranas (for those who can't afford Nightmare)
Skeelz (anti-SOA/SOB...good luck beating Morphun)

Comments?
« Previous1234Next »

11/38
ThisisGiese - Guru English
Tuesday 25/05/2010, 04:22

I just played a hand against, Scorpica, Slyth, Ghumbo, and Oshitune. I don't think it'l be much fun at all this week.
12/38
El Kabong - Senior - Pinoy Locals English
Tuesday 25/05/2010, 10:41

It's been a while since Sylth has seen play, this will be pretty interesting.
13/38
LoA-Heitah - Senior English
Saturday 29/05/2010, 01:21

Haha Titan, that could have been me I've been running that.
14/38
0 3MiN3M - Novice English
Saturday 29/05/2010, 12:52

IMO, the NIghtmares and Rescue are unstoppable this week. The GHEIST,Morphun and Jungos are beatable.
15/38
LoA-Heitah - Senior English
Monday 31/05/2010, 04:53

Caelus Oshitsune Hugo and All Stars all make the cut this week.

This week you will see tons of Skeelz / Nightmare decks (Example: Oshitsune Caelus Glorg = Ownage), your run of the mill All Stars decks, and possibly some Hugo/Montana decks.
16/38
DrTravelerLoA - Master - Legends of America English
Monday 31/05/2010, 05:32

Exact List: Shakra, Sledg, Toro, Copper, Morphun, Ghumbo, Sylth.
Caelus is in so expect Skeelz half decks. Possibly with All Stars as they're all in.

You should expect HugoTana during the DT hours.

Rescue gets to play without Sledg this week which means you should expect Aurora/Suzie/Kerry/Anita/Steve/Krash/Lea with either Elvira or Slyde as the last card.

This will be an interesting week for Piranas. The last few weeks have been very good for Piranas as they thrive when Sledg is out of the game. However, Piranas now have to worry about a stronger Skeelz presence than they'd previously faced. Against Skeelz the Piranas are outpowered across the board and the Piranas pill manipulation might not be enough. Expect to see some Piranas players adjust and include Krysten in the deck to help Spycee and Tula cover Caelus.

GHEIST may not have many cards banned this week, but I'd still stay away from them except in the half. The rising popularity of Piranas (who own them) added to the fact that Skeelz led by Caelus will be around (Who really owns them) and HugoTana in the DT Hours means that GHEIST has an uphill battle.

Glad to see this thread in the community forums. I'm certain nearly every guild has a thread like this of their own but its nice to see this out in the open.
17/38
DrTravelerLoA - Master - Legends of America English
Monday 31/05/2010, 05:34

I'd also add that last week was pure H-E-Double Hockey sticks. This week could be a refreshing change of pace.
18/38
swagmaster420 - Guru - TRiNiTY English
Monday 31/05/2010, 05:45

This week's ELO is gonna be a pain...
19/38
LetheanTears - Guru - TRiNiTY English
Monday 31/05/2010, 05:47

Caelus ain't so bad, just have to make a deck made around stopping him...

I expect Rescue and Montana to be really common this week, Caelus alone is the reason I'd expect them. On the other hand, I would almost expect GHEIST to straight-up not be played.

Nightmare will still see play, Oshitsune and Glorg still wreck the house. Bangers are definately a good clan to play this week, *cough* Blaaster & Bodenpower *cough*.

I'll be playing Junkz and stuff.
20/38
UmExcuseMe - Imperator English
Monday 31/05/2010, 07:04

One week of getting pummeled by Ghumbo, Morphun and Sylth was enough for most ELO players, so this week they all got the boot. Nightmare still has the monster that is Oshitsune though, but I expect Jungo to once again Vanish from ELO reckoning. Shakra, Copper and Sledg remain taboo for another week, and they are joined by Toro. This severely hampers Sentinel and GHEIST, and you'll have to play the low-star version of the Roots half deck.

Some truly horrendous cards escaped the chop this week. Lots of people hate facing Hugo in attack manipulation decks (mostly Montana, but some Uppers and Sakrohm), but scarily I believe that's the least of our worries because guess what? Caelus is back in town. The problem with this 8-damage monstrosity is that it defines the environment: you either play with him or design a deck against him, and there aren't that many decks that can handle him. Even Hugo+Montana and mono-Rescue are at a disadvantage.

My advice? Take advantage of yet another week where All Stars is in full strength. Just throw in Marina, Striker and Robb (plus Eyrik if you're truly evil) and you can laugh at Caelus while still being strong against most other decks.

Deck Predictions:
Mono-Skeelz Caelus
Half-Skeelz Caelus (sadists will play Oshitsune with Caelus just for kicks)
All Stars
Hugo Montana/Uppers/Sakrohm
Mono-Rescue (actually, they're around EVERY week)

By the way, should someone start a new thread every week and label it, e.g., "This Week in ELO (31 May)"?

« Previous1234Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals