Freaks/GHEIST deck help
Tuesday 22/06/2010, 19:36
Endymio_DvF - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
7 messages
Freaks/Gheist deck help
Endymio_DvF - Titan - D-VersifiedEnglish - Tuesday 22/06/2010, 19:36

Hey!

I'm a new player that's trying out the ELO game. So far my deck looks like this:

Freaks
Bogdan
Olga
Grudj
Soushee

GHEIST
Arkn
Platinum
Bristone
Rolph

I've had decent success with it so far (1127) but I"m always tring to tweak things to be more efficient. Any help that you could give would be awesome but please keep in mind that this represents nearly all my clintz so any changes have to be equal value or close to.

Thanks!!

2/7
LB_Un67 - Imperator English
Wednesday 23/06/2010, 20:05

Perhaps you might want to knock Rolph down to something like Methane or Dr Saw so you can replace Grudj with Bladovino, which also has pill manipulation but 2 higher power, and then switch Soushee to either Esmeralda or Hula, who are both respectable 2* Freaks fillers.
3/7
Toxica - Legend - Open Casket English
Wednesday 23/06/2010, 21:43

This is a hard choice...You don't need Bogdan; you already half plenty of SOA from your GHEIST. Hmm...I'd say switch Bogdan for Wolfgang and Soushee for Esmeralda. Here's why.

Poison and damage reduce is going to be an incredible asset with this new, high power & high damage & overpowered bonus, Vortex clan. Some of your damage reduce cards are going to be able to cover the cards with damage, and the GHEIST can cover the -life abilities.

Since you already have SOA from GHIEST, you should have Wolfgang's damage reduce instead of Bogdan's SOA. This can help lose rounds, which is an advantage when going against the new Vortex, and always help your poison deal in the hurt.

But with Soushee for Esmeralda,
Now that one of the more powerful cards in your deck has been replaced, it's time to fix that. Soushee isn't much for combat, and with Bogdan gone, that one change has hurt your ability to poison your opponent, and without poison your deck is crippled, so we need to fix that.
Esmeralda is a great card because she can be more useful with less pillz, than the other 2* Freaks, when it comes to combat. You can even call bluffs with no pillz, and easily slam the poison into the opponent. Hula can inflict the poison against SOB card, but when going against SOB decks, you should try to KO and end the fight as fast as possible. So the best 2* card for you to replace Soushee is, is Esmeralda, if you want to deliver the poison.
4/7
Wednesday 23/06/2010, 21:52

On to changed to your GHEIST side.

A think that is missing on your GHEIST side is damage. Yes, you have poison to cover for that. But sitting around letting the poison cripple the opponent isn't a good strategy. The longer the round goes on, the more times your opponent has to make a reversal, so damage is still important.

This is just a simple change, but the best change I can think is to change Rolph to Toro and Platinum (or Arkn) to Leviatonn. I'd put Toro on par with Rolph as an excellent combat card, and Leviatonn will giver your deck something you don't have-- SOB.

I would definetly still keep Bristone, and you'll need to keep either Arkn or Platinum, so which ever card you prefer, you should keep. But, just suggestion.

But, that's what I can do for suggestions. If you have any more specific questions, feel free to send me a PM and I can discuss things in further detail.
5/7
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Wednesday 23/06/2010, 22:16

An alternate to Toxica's deck could be:

Freaks
Baldovino 5*
Olga 3*
Arkendram 3*
Esmeralda 2*
Total 13*

GHEIST
Toro 4*
Leviatonn 3*
Bristone 3*
Z3r0 D34d 2*
Total 12*

You retain pill manipulation (-2 instead of +), and gain more attack manipulation if you prefer it to the two DRs. This deck also has one more damage overall if that matters to you.
6/7
Wednesday 23/06/2010, 23:16

I like Shadowcouncil's deck much better, but it sounds more like an entirely new deck instead of an alteration.
7/7
Zhudac - Hero English
Wednesday 23/06/2010, 23:39

I like shadowcouncil's suggestion...

And one piece of advice: keep Arkn. Arkn takes away any attack manipulation and power manipulation as a ability, and slams them with the choice to pill or take 4 damage. Yes, 5 power sucks. But you'll realize how useful he is after he saves the game so many times... Seriously, keep Arkn in there. He might not be useful as Z3r0 D34d in the lower ELO when your opponents are much less strategic, but Arkn is necessary to combat alot of things.

Also, I think Baldovino's a really good choice. He's a strong opener which you sometimes need, and will lack with the absence of Rolph (Usually, Toro isn't too good of an opener for me, but rather a high-damage, solid wall card). Pill manipulation, 8 power, high damage, and poison, all in one crazy magician

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals