"Smoke"-less Piranas

"Smoke"-less Piranas
Tuesday 27/07/2010, 19:31
DrTravelerLoA - Master English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
27 messages
"Smoke"-less Piranas
DrTravelerLoA - Master - Legends of AmericaEnglish - Tuesday 27/07/2010, 19:31

There's been a lot of talk on this board recently about Smokey Cr and the Piranas, along with allegations that in order to play Piranas competitively in ELO, you *must* own Smokey Cr.

I want to explore this. Is it possible to build a Piranas deck without Smokey Cr?

I was thinking about:

Dalhia, Selma, Ulrich, Tyd, Taljion, Tula, Spycee, Hawkins

You still have pill manipulation, you've got some hard to stop cards, and some good defense. Other "smoke free" Piranas ideas out there?
« Previous123Next »

2/27
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Tuesday 27/07/2010, 21:05

Of course it's possible, it's just not generally a good idea for a mono deck.

Spycee is an /awful/ card. All he can do is shut down abilities, which might seem ok, but his 5 power means he cannot wall at all and even if he shuts down a nasty ability the damage gets through for a very tiny pill cost.

The real joke is this is coupled with 2 damage, which means that investing in him as a wall wouldn't pay off much even if you did win.

Of course, your deck will be playable, but if you can afford Smokey Cr you'll be able to make it /much/ more effective. A 3* with +3 pillz and 7 power is a ridiculously powerful mid range card, even with low damage.

In half deck situations you can replace Smokey with Tyd or Ulrich without loosing too much potential, but in a mono I wouldn't recommend going without him for too long.
3/27
DrTravelerLoA - Master - Legends of America English
Tuesday 27/07/2010, 21:36

BTW, this just got a lot more pressing. Check the Staff Announcements forum. Next week, Smokey Cr gets the staff ban. Eeep.
4/27
Dregn - Legend - URBAN MADNESS Deutsch
Tuesday 27/07/2010, 21:55

Finally he will be banned! Elo will be better without him. No more instant defeats after round 1 because of his + 99 pillz ability.
5/27
Vinyl-Scratch - Legend - D-Versified English
Tuesday 27/07/2010, 22:00

Smokey Cr, hawkin and dalhia. Piranas don't stand a chance.
6/27
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Tuesday 27/07/2010, 23:51

Besides in halves. Tyd, Ulrich, Tula, Selma.
7/27
DrTravelerLoA - Master - Legends of America English
Wednesday 28/07/2010, 00:16

I think you're right, outside the half deck. Full deck Piranas will be a fool's errand.

The best I think you can hope for is Pesth, Selma, Tyd, Ulrich, Taljion, Tula, Hawkins Noel, Spycee

And that is far from optimal.

Someone needs to start a thread in this forum about that list. I have a few ideas about it I'd like to hash out.
8/27
TCG_Kris - Senior English
Wednesday 28/07/2010, 02:00

Well gee guys...

No one heard of Deadeye?
Or splashing a Gil?

I think a deck of:
Gil Tula Tyd Ulrich Deadeye Scubb Pesth and Taljion would work nicely.

Still has pill manip from Gil and Scubb and has a bit more damage than usual with Pesth's poison and Deadeye.
9/27
Agito_King - Guru - D-Versified English
Wednesday 28/07/2010, 02:26

Selma will get more attention now, possibly keeping the tradition of Piranas 5* pill manipulation!

But they mods say that it will change, so Smokey Cr may see the light of ELO once in a while.
10/27
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Wednesday 28/07/2010, 06:01

Selma was already used well enough.

Deadeye is a poor 3* who can only reduce to his level IF the card is 7 power or less.

Perhaps if players want to keep using mono Piranas, then they'll switch in Deadeye, but in halves he's not going to see attention at all. If Deadeye wasn't used in place of Tyd or even Ulrich before, he won't be now.

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals