Clan counters?

Saturday 11/09/2010, 21:21

Now in ELO we all know you have to have multiple decks to counter what you're seeing played. My question is, is there a general counter list to each clan somewhere?

For instance, you've got heavy Roots/piranhas right now so I switched to Skeelz in order to avoid getting my cards lobotomized.

Any other thoughts?

Sunday 12/09/2010, 00:52

SoA>Non-power/attack manips>SoB>power/attack manips>SoA

Skeelz >(slightly) SoA/SoB

SoA =(roughly, very slight advantage to SoA) SoB

Sunday 12/09/2010, 05:51

SoA > Vortex, Jungo, La Junta, Freaks, Sentinel, Pussycats, etc.

Sunday 12/09/2010, 08:04

It's probably a circle... or twisted thing of some sort.
SoA < SoB, Skeelz
Manips < SoB
SoB roughly equal to non-manips, slight disadvantage to SoB (Non-manips generally have good abilities)
Non-manips, Skeelz < Manips
Manips, non-manips < SoA
SoB < Skeelz

after that it just comes down to number of clans, there are a lot of manip clans (Bangers, All Stars, Sakrohm, etc.), so you'll see less play of the non-manip clans (Jungo, FPC, Junta, etc.), then to counter that you'll see a lot of SoA, even though there are only two SoA clans. To deal with SoA people either use Skeelz or SoB..since Skeelz is vulnerable to manip clans, you see SoB more used than Skeelz

Monday 13/09/2010, 06:02

SOA>non-manips, low attack manips
non-manips>SOB, Skeelz
SOB>high attack/power manips
Low attack manips>SOB, non-manips
High attack manips>SOA, non-manips
Skeelz>SOA, SOB
Skeelz=power manip=non-manip
low attack manip=high attack manip

Monday 13/09/2010, 07:38

But I win with Freaks :depressed:

Monday 13/09/2010, 08:46

Lol sorry isuicide, that was a joke. I'm a Freaks lover myself:love:

Monday 13/09/2010, 13:19

The way i see things is a few parts.
First is Attack Manip

Mono Rescue vs Montana
Sakrohm vs Junkz/Sentinels

Then Power

Ulu Watu/Bangers vs All Stars

Then Abilities

Nightmare/Piranas vs Anything really reliant on bonus
Ghiest/Roots vs Anything really reliant on Ability
Skeelz vs SOA/SOB

Then Damage/Poison/Life
Pussycats vs La Junta/ Fang Pi Clang
Jungo vs Freaks

That covers basically everything.
Which in Elo doesn't matter. You have to be able to guess what your opponent will do and be able to block them. Yes, if you keep getting SOA'd, switch to something more bonus oriented.
If you're facing a ton of Skeelz and you use SOA or SOB, switch to some Attack Manip.

Monday 13/09/2010, 13:57

Hmm so Freaks aren't good, eh? Guess I should tell Olga to become Cr :P

Monday 13/09/2010, 15:02

I like a combination of atk manipulation and sob/soa. try using Montana with GHEIST, or when Oshitsune is unbanned use Nightmare. Montana make a very decent 12* half deck, so you've got plenty of room for ur Toro/Leviatonn/kenny/Glorg/etc. these are some good decks you could run that would make it pretty far in ELO: -- Montana/Nightmare (you can put kenny in here if you like, i dont use him because i prefer the power manipulation of Oshitsune and the fact that Glorg is a full-stopper) -- Montana/GHEIST (good deck is good)

Reply to this subject