Trying to get back into Elo

Tuesday 15/06/2010, 01:24
Raisinbman - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
4 messages
Raisinbman - Guru English - Tuesday 15/06/2010, 01:24

Any Elo advice? It's been a since I've played Elo seriously, and I'm getting my arse handed to me. My best cards are Pussycats/Freaks. I can make a half deck of any other clan(though I'm probably lacking damage in most of them).

On a side note, it seems like every Elo player(at least in the 1000 range) tries to go for the 2H KO. Is that the secret to success? Should I be playing a different mode?

2/4
geoj - Legend - <=Chaos-Knights=> English
Tuesday 15/06/2010, 06:03

Going for 2hko is the secret for staying at 1000.

those are generally 2 of the harder clans to play. SOA is very strong and nearly vital. Roots are low price and high power. (Jeto, noodile, Rico, Yookie) All-stars, Nightmare, GHEIST are all very strong, popular clans as well. Keep an eye on what's banned. Copper and Oshisune are both unbanned and are major threats to be prepared for. And Hugo is unbanned this week too.

The secret to winning? Choose your battles, conserve pills, call bluffs, don't get your math wrong, be patient, keep learning.
3/4
TheDarkOrc10 - Hero - Dark Order of Assassins English
Wednesday 16/06/2010, 01:14

Yeah the math, I like to say well if I have -12 and they have -8 I am counting +4 but forgeting the mins is tricky, also sometimes forgeting that dreaded +2 power, yikes I just counted for 6 power and the dudes got 8. But in all serioousness how do u playe best when u and ur opponent have multiple abilities and its very hard to predict what either of you will do? You have sob and they have sob and soa's too you both can have high damage and power what does one do? I dont own that great cards yet, so every little improvement helps but its a slow wheel and I am scared that my skill with a few abilites etc will be lost when there is a maze of choices
4/4
Puddin Tame - Guru English
Wednesday 16/06/2010, 23:40

2HKO is good if you are playing La Junta but I think it is pretty hard with other clans since so many people play damage reducers in ELO.

I think PEN geoj is right though, you want to pay attention to what is banned and unbanned for the week and adjust/change your deck based on it. I usually put Mira in my Freaks deck when Toro is on the lose, for example, since GHEIST end up being super popular.

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals