I need a question answered about ELO

Friday 30/07/2010, 01:50
XC Manfred 32 - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
28 messages
XC Manfred 32 - Titan - E X C A L I B U REnglish - Friday 30/07/2010, 01:50

What's wrong with playing no pills in the 1st and 2nd round in ELO or as the French like to call it - 'old' ? Some call it 'cheating' and wanted to know if any1 knew what was wrong with it.

(Word from our sponsor: Stand There While I kick Ur A** )
« Previous123Next »

2/28
Lunien - Guru English
Friday 30/07/2010, 02:47

Nothing wrong with it, I've played no pills in the first 3 rounds and just furied the last round to win. Its just another tactic.
3/28
yk-lyss - Titan - Youth Kriminals English
Friday 30/07/2010, 02:51

It´s noob play and almost always leads to a 50%. Playing old is leaving the game completly up to luck. Please Don´t
4/28
MobiusWyrm - Colossus - Second 2 None English
Friday 30/07/2010, 03:56

Nothing wrong in my opinion, playing old is playing cunning. If you are willing to take the shot to get the advantage for later in the game, it is valid. Leave it to the French to whine, next time just offer them cheese to go with it, especially if you win.
5/28
Zhudac - Hero English
Friday 30/07/2010, 04:29

How's it a "noob" play? When you're down to that 2-card endgame situation, it's not completely up to luck. It's reading your opponent, to outmaneouever them.

Often I had wins snatched right out of me after someone read the exact amount of pills I was going to use, when nothing but doing just that would have saved them. It's pretty impossible to second-hand guess the number of pills I'll use, but much easier to read my mind. Good players do just that to win.

It's just another strategy to give yourself a little leverage to your opponent, to set yourself up for the win. There's nothing cheap or noob about it. Some people called me "noob" for guessing pill usage, or avoiding their very obvious traps. In this world, some people consider everything that they do not agree with cheap or noob
6/28
Puddin Tame - Guru English
Friday 30/07/2010, 06:39

I don't see how there is anything wrong with it. It seems completely fair and within the rules to me. I don't believe there are any restrictions on how you spend your pills.

Purposely waiting till there are 5 seconds left on the clock to do each of your moves, that would be "cheating" perhaps.

I haven't tried the strategy much so I don't know how it works but if it does usually lead to a 50/50 it might be a good strategy when you are in an unfavorable match up.
7/28
MABanator - Hero - Ramshackle Glory English
Friday 30/07/2010, 06:44

It all comes down 2 a players skill if u belive yr playing an unskille player u can try it but it wont get u far above 1200 in elo but it is by no means noob
8/28
LW-Joe-LW - Hero - Elysium Aether English
Friday 30/07/2010, 16:18

Isnt it just saying your a noob if I lose?
9/28
yk-lyss - Titan - Youth Kriminals English
Friday 30/07/2010, 16:20

@Zhudac It actually is all down to luck
In most cases you would have to win with both cards to win the game (in the case you´re the noob old player) and your opponent has to GUESS whether you would block his all in to stop your win or if he should put 0 like you´ve been doing and you´ll block overspending pillz so he could block the last card. In other words a 50%.
Leaving the game up to guessing and luck is not skill. It saddens me to see all these responses of players who approve of this tactic
10/28
Xiander - Titan - Random Encounter English
Friday 30/07/2010, 17:03

Putting yourself in a situation where you loose the game unless you winn the last two matches does not seem favorable to me. Even if it gives you a pill advantage, it is by no means a sure win, and against an intelligent opponent, i would not give it 50% chances of success.

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals