I need a question answered about ELO

Friday 30/07/2010, 01:50
XC Manfred 32 - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
28 messages
XC Manfred 32 - Legend - El DoradoEnglish - Friday 30/07/2010, 01:50

What's wrong with playing no pills in the 1st and 2nd round in ELO or as the French like to call it - 'old' ? Some call it 'cheating' and wanted to know if any1 knew what was wrong with it.

(Word from our sponsor: Stand There While I kick Ur A** )
« Previous123Next »

11/28
DFrag - Novice English
Friday 30/07/2010, 17:17

I dunno Xiander , i do this some times myself . U just need to draw enough Damage reducer card(s) or have a good Pussycats deck pretty much allowing u to survive 2 rounds for heavy hitting later on .

Think about a Skeelz deck in which u draw Redra , Dwan , and maybe a heavy hitter like Jay. Sacrifice Redra and Dwan in 2 rounds then use Jay with revenge activated for serious damage . [now this is best only when u get 1st turn , u use DR and ur opponent thinks ur just wanting to use Jays Revenge and uses a lotta pills just to be hit pretty hard later on . ]

**Wish i had Jay >"<

Nyways , so if played with engh brains , its not pure luck by far . [Just try to not use it against Freaks , poison is at best when hit fast ]
12/28
MobiusWyrm - Colossus - Second 2 None English
Friday 30/07/2010, 18:35

It is a risk wither way, it does set you behind. It depends on the cards you have out, and the strategy you want to play.
13/28
Zhudac - Guru English
Friday 30/07/2010, 19:06

It's NOT a 50/50. If I went up and was placed in that situation against a random player, I might win alot more or lose more than the other player. It's akin to poker; calling or folding is not a coin toss. It's analyzing and reading your opponent, which sone players are better at than others.
14/28
yk-lyss - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 02:19

It IS a coin toss as there is only two options and you could pick either. What you call ''analyzing'' or ''reading'' is getting lucky and choosing the right option. There is no skill to this
15/28
Xiander - Titan - Random Encounter English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 11:14

@Yk-Lyss why is that not the case with any play then? If i bluff the opponent has two choices: pill or don't pill. He has no clear way of nowing what is the right choice, that seems just as based on luck as what is being described here, yet you would not call bluffing a noob play, would you?
16/28
TheTopHat - Veteran - Open Casket English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 14:05

When i saw this i thread i thought what's all with the question from one of UR's top elo players but when i read it just found out about the whining of french players.

In my opinion, nothing is wrong with it as you sometimes get killed in the 2nd round with that tactic, but i use sometimes in elo too
17/28
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Saturday 31/07/2010, 15:26

"It's akin to poker; calling or folding is not a coin toss. It's analyzing and reading your opponent, which sone players are better at than others."

while there is a considerable amount of analysis involved, we've nothign to read with but our experience and assumptions. We can't directly read the player like you can with poker -which is the biggest element of play in that game- so it's not really akin to it at all.

There's nothing wrong with ANY kind of play in the game if it helps you win. If you lose and call the other player a noob you'[re simply a sore loser.
18/28
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 16:03

I don't play elo nowadays,but I agree with lyss. It's a cheap shot tactic that many semi-noobs use to even the odds against a good player who would pwn them otherwise. If enough people used this tactic, *everyone* would all hover around 1250e with no means to distance the good players from the bad ones, and elo would flounder.
19/28
yk-lyss - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 16:56

@Xiander Yes that is true but only in the first round. After that there is no need to put 0 pillz again just to force the 50%.

By the nature of most of these responses, it really saddens me how far behind the english community is, tactic wise. The game is decided mostly in the first round. Thats the only luck that should be a part of it. The game shouldn´t be decided in the 3rd and 4th rounds by just mindlessly pilling 0 then going hmm now that´s over with, lets guess to win.
20/28
MobiusWyrm - Colossus - Second 2 None English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 17:33

Sometimes 0 pilling second or third round in the game, gives you the win. Sometimes it doesn't. I admit I have regretted this decision, and it has cost me the game, and I know it. Sometimes I 0 pill when I know I have lost the match. Again, I state it depends on what is available on the board, and what you think your opponent will do, especially if you can put them between the rock and a hard place by using this. Do I always do this, no. I try and read the board and make the best guess at what my opponent will do.

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals