[ELO] Vortex

[ELO] Vortex
Wednesday 25/08/2010, 04:00
Baelnor - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
9 messages
[ELO] Vortex
Baelnor - Guru English - Wednesday 25/08/2010, 04:00

I am looking for some guidance on ELO using Vortex.

I am currently using an Uppers/Vortex combo deck, but I am struggling to actually win the round. I just cant seem to either deal enough damage, or when I do have damage on the table I cant seem to win the fights! Totally frustrating!

My deck is as follows:
Nellie , Oxen , Rubie , Wendel

Heegrn , Lehrg , Neloe , Sunder

Basically I am looking for suggestions on either to improve this deck, or to replace the Uppers with another clan.

Thanks heaps in advance from a newbie! (only level 17, but elo seems AWESOME)

2/9
F L I P - Titan - TrAitorzZz English
Wednesday 25/08/2010, 05:15

Number one
its because of your low power.. more than half you your deck 5/8 cards have 6 below power.. that some have situational abilities like revenge/-pow..
in the current meta that spells trouble.. soa/sob clans will pick you apart.. pow manip clans will out power you pill per pill..
number two
its not all about damage.. people win with having more life too.. Jungo?Freaks?
number three
maybe you arent bluffing or pilling right.. as a newbie you are going to need lots of experience..

id say stay away from Uppers for now.. use clans like Sakrohm or junks for stable power..
and try to up your Vortex half with Dagg and Deea..

just my two cents there..
3/9
0 Braxter - Titan English
Wednesday 25/08/2010, 05:21

Well Vortex and Uppers are a pretty good combo because of the KO possibilities so if you want advice on the deck you have now this is what i would advise:
you should replace Heegrn with Deea because even though Heegrn is a great card with a whopping 7 damage.. she is not stable in a half deck and if you draw her alone without anouther Vortex card she is preety much useless
and than with that extra star you can either upgrade Lehrg to Oflgn, Sunder to Dagg, or Neloe to Cyb Lhia or C Wing even though you might need Neloe for her damage reduction

But as for other clans Junkz and GHEIST are others that work very well with Vortex

I hope this helped
4/9
LOA Zeus - Titan English
Wednesday 25/08/2010, 05:40

If you have enough money, for the Vortex half go with C Wing, Neloe, Cyb Lhia, and Deea. for the other half, don't do Uppers, there best card for this deck was banned a while ago. maybe this Ninjas From The Future, but i can't really think of anything right now.
5/9
Baelnor - Guru English
Wednesday 25/08/2010, 08:25

Hey guys, thanks for the incredible responses.

I have a Dagg, but it seems he is ELO banned. I thought he was perma-banned for ELO, or did i read that wrong?

I will try pick up a Deea and a Cyb Lhia.

If I keep the Uppers with them would you reccomend any changes? I have basically every Upper except Jackie and the CR.
6/9
williebobo - Titan - D-Versified English
Wednesday 25/08/2010, 14:14

You probably want a Damage reducer somewhere in your deck. Strategy wise it is very important for you to win the first round and finish with a high damage Vortex card to make the best use of their bonus.
7/9
Baelnor - Guru English
Friday 27/08/2010, 01:20

I have upgraded to

Nellie , Oxen , Wayne Stark , Rubie
Cyb Lhia , Deea , Neloe , Sunder

I took out Wendel , Lehrg , Heegrn

2@ 5 power
1@ 6 power
4@ 7 power
1@ 8 power
8/9
-TCG-Rassele - Imperator - The Trend English
Friday 27/08/2010, 05:18

9/9
Krahhl - Veteran English
Friday 27/08/2010, 05:38

I would trade Cyb Lhia for C Wing. She hardly does any damage and has a very high minimum, meaning you have to either use her first and then wait out rounds 2 and 3 or waste most of her ability. C Wing does an okay amount of damage whether he wins or loses, but is much less predictable.

Also I would use Harold instead of Wayne Shark and replace Sunder or Deea with Lehrg.

Ideally you would open by winning with Nellie, Oxen, or Sunder, then use a low number of pillz on C Wing, Harold, or Neloe, and go for the kill with Deea or Lehrg depending on whether you won or lost the second round.

This plan can be adapted to the situation, including Rubie's SoA. But the basic idea is to do damage with the Upper's attack manipulation and end with a KO attempt with a Vortex card so that if you win, you win, and if you lose, you get enough pillz back to guarantee a win in the last round.

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals