This week in ELO...

This week in ELO...
Monday 24/05/2010, 09:34
UmExcuseMe - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
38 messages
This week in ELO...
UmExcuseMe - Imperator English - Monday 24/05/2010, 09:34

I think it's pretty clear that the weekly bans shape the ELO environment, so I thot I'd start this thread on the decks that will be prevalent this week in the upper echelons of ELO. Opinions welcome!

Let's start with who's on the ban list. Bye bye, All Stars. After being traumatized by AS+Eyrik decks all last week, both Marina and Striker get the boot (good riddance). Caelus, Copper and Hugo keep their usual place in the sin bin. You'll still see Roots half decks, but at least Shakra won't be there. Same goes for the ever-popular mono-Rescue, who are slightly weakened by the ban on Sledg.

Who escaped this week? There's Morphun, so expect plenty of cheesy DR + heavy hitter decks, and you can forget about subtlety because they'll just absorb everything and deliver the KO in the later rounds. Speaking of cheesy, Sylth amazingly survives the cut (oh joy), and the truly sadistic will play Morphun and Sylth together.

Who else? Let's see, Toro made it, and so did Oshitsune. And...what's this? Uh oh, with Ghumbo, we're all in hot soup. All members of Nightmare and GHEIST survived, which means it's an SOA/SOB week, folks!

My prediction of prevalent decks:
Morphun + Sylth cheese
Morphun + any cheese
Nightmare
GHEIST
Nightmare/GHEIST
GHEIST/Nightmare (are you sensing a pattern?)
Piranas (for those who can't afford Nightmare)
Skeelz (anti-SOA/SOB...good luck beating Morphun)

Comments?
« Previous1234Next »

21/38
0 Anderson - Titan English
Monday 31/05/2010, 15:36

Kang really shines this week hint hint
22/38
LetheanTears - Guru - TRiNiTY English
Monday 31/05/2010, 22:29

@ UmExcuseMe - It would be much easier for sure. I would make a thread if someone else didn't make one by monday.
23/38
LoA-Heitah - Senior English
Tuesday 01/06/2010, 03:30

I just have one question to all you All Stars players out there... do you hate playing All Stars as much as I hate playing against All Stars?
24/38
TheTopHat - Veteran - Open Casket English
Tuesday 01/06/2010, 05:03

Yeah, Kang shins because he's the only one who'll beat caelus even with less pillz
25/38
0 3MiN3M - Novice English
Tuesday 01/06/2010, 06:06

This week, I'm thinking Ambre+All Stars+ Pussycats.

Ambre+All Stars can take down the monstrosities (Oshitsune, Caelus)

Pussycats can dilute the damage of the higher damage cards.
26/38
0 Anderson - Titan English
Tuesday 01/06/2010, 06:30

Kang eats caelus and puts himself 3pillz up on caelus
27/38
0 3MiN3M - Novice English
Tuesday 01/06/2010, 06:48

This is the deck I was talking about: deleted
28/38
Wednesday 02/06/2010, 04:08

Surprisingly I have not seen as many Caelus's as I thought I would this week. (I am however using one) After playing the common Skeelz/Nightmare and Skeelz/All Stars splits I can tell you right now the Skeelz/All Stars split is better for this week by a long shot.
29/38
DrTravelerLoA - Master - Legends of America English
Wednesday 02/06/2010, 04:58

I agree. So far I'm seeing:

Jungo (I'm not sure why. Maybe all the attack manipulators and the ability to heal off damage from the hard to stop cards?)

Combinations of the following half decks:
Skeelz (Chiara, Redra, Caelus, 2 star Deebler)
All Stars (Striker, Marina, Robb, Randy)
Nightmare (Pan, Oshitsune, 2 other random cards)

All Stars + Eyrik: Typically with Spiaghi for the last 2 star

Piranas

During DT hours I see Hugotana, sometimes a rare Rescue, and I've seen some Uppers halfs and one Uppers full.

I have seen only limited mono-Skeelz builds. I suspect this is because All Stars performs fairly well against the deck while many many other clans now have ways to work around or scare off Caelus.

I have to say I haven't lost many games because of Caelus.

Other reports?
30/38
Wednesday 02/06/2010, 21:08

I think this week in elo is proving why Caelus doens't have to be banned. Too many things own it.

« Previous1234Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals