Some change in ELO mode
Friday 04/06/2010, 15:19
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
127 messages
Some change in ELO mode
Euzebe - Legend English - Friday 04/06/2010, 15:19

Hello all,

We are aware that the ELO mode is not particularly satisfying as it is right now. Until now we had the will to staff ban as little cards as possible, only those which seemed really too strong according to us. We used to count on your votes to bring more diversity in ELO decks.

We will change this system.

We Don’t know how it will evolve yet but we worked quite a lot on it already. It will take some time before these changes will be released (not too much, you won’t wait for years Don’t worry ). The only thing I can tell you is that we’ll do what we think is consistent and efficient to give more diversity and fun to this mode.

There won’t be big changes in the game mode. Changes will be more on the cards ban system. We will handle staff bans with a complete different policy. Forget about «the strongest cards are banned forever». But there will be more banned cards, for a shorter duration and not only the strongest cards. As I said previously, our goal is : diversity and fun.

I’m sure you’ll like it
« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

21/127
ZonyMash - Veteran English
Saturday 05/06/2010, 00:39

Im quite new to ELO and its definitely not fun playing against Robb, Striker, and Marina in 90% of my matches this week.
22/127
Kate - Urban Rivals Staff English
Saturday 05/06/2010, 02:07

I really don't mind there being that 1-3 decks every week because I expect to see this in any card game. This is quite common for me since i do play YGO competitively/ semi-pro(Travel across America for tournaments of high caliber) and its the same way but instead of some cards being banned every week it is more like every 6 months. So im used to this and I feel ELO is great the way it is but thats just me.
The only change can be is no more perm bans just vote on every card every week.
23/127
dustelemental - Guru English
Saturday 05/06/2010, 06:04

I think that if there is going to be changes each week as drastic as no 4* and 20* deck weeks, there should be a new mode. If you are going to unban some of the big cr they should count for more stars or for them to get a cut in the elo points they get for winning when it is in there hand.
24/127
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Saturday 05/06/2010, 06:07

This sounds like a great potential change.

for myself, the most enjoyable mode of this game are the event with wacky themes that allow for creative deck construction.
25/127
UM_Fnord - Titan English
Saturday 05/06/2010, 10:35

I think the current system works well. No need really fpor drastic changes.
26/127
Dregn - Legend - URBAN MADNESS Deutsch
Saturday 05/06/2010, 11:55

I like the current system as well. Hopefully the big 5 will never be unbanned in the elo game mode.
27/127
SadisticCynic - Hero English
Saturday 05/06/2010, 12:13

So... the new system could practically be making ELO mode no longer in ELO format?
28/127
St3f - Guru ελληνικά
Saturday 05/06/2010, 12:20

Actually the recent permabans made elo less fun. Back the elo had more diversity. Now it is only All Stars GHEIST and Nightmare every week. I dont know what you were thinking when you gave Nightmare Oshitsune,Stacey to the All Stars and now the panther to GHEIST making them even more powerful. If now Striker and Marina is banned you can use 10*half deck that is absolutely powerful. Same goes with GHEIST.

But at the same time we get Yumi who is good but nothing gamebreaking, Zhang,Ronald,Orlando and a lot more who are given to the not so powerful elo clans.

The current system also affects the market. Staple cards for every clan are at 7k+ and me as a non credit buyer will have problems getting those cards.

Anyway I am looking forward to (some) changes.
29/127
AGPrinz - Titan - 'AktivGaming' English
Sunday 06/06/2010, 09:05

The current system is fine, there just needs to be new bans. Leader cards for example, are blatantly OP
30/127
0 3MiN3M - Novice English
Sunday 06/06/2010, 11:28

The current system is not so good. See, most of the good ELO players are those with big collections, or if otherwise, those with staple cards that newer or poorer players cannot buy.

As some players have already stated, the clans that monopolize the ELO environment are those mostly of All Stars, GHEIST, and Nightmare.

I think that 1-2 good cards from these clans should be perma-banned, and other clans given good cards that may be used for ELO.

Changes to the ELO mode would be very welcome to newer players, or at least a separate mode that can make credits, clintz, and sometimes cards, like ELO.

« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals