Some change in ELO mode
Friday 04/06/2010, 15:19
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
127 messages
Some change in ELO mode
Euzebe - Legend English - Friday 04/06/2010, 15:19

Hello all,

We are aware that the ELO mode is not particularly satisfying as it is right now. Until now we had the will to staff ban as little cards as possible, only those which seemed really too strong according to us. We used to count on your votes to bring more diversity in ELO decks.

We will change this system.

We Don’t know how it will evolve yet but we worked quite a lot on it already. It will take some time before these changes will be released (not too much, you won’t wait for years Don’t worry ). The only thing I can tell you is that we’ll do what we think is consistent and efficient to give more diversity and fun to this mode.

There won’t be big changes in the game mode. Changes will be more on the cards ban system. We will handle staff bans with a complete different policy. Forget about «the strongest cards are banned forever». But there will be more banned cards, for a shorter duration and not only the strongest cards. As I said previously, our goal is : diversity and fun.

I’m sure you’ll like it
« Previous12...678910111213Next »

91/127
SteelBus - Novice - M I S F I T S English
Tuesday 15/06/2010, 19:21

How about different ELO for higher level players? To me it's not fair me being a level 20 players going against level 50-69 players consistently. Can't there be ELO for different level ranges or even some of matchmaking that we get matched against evenly rated players (ie. maybe using a formula such as number of wins divided by number of matches or something like that).
92/127
Wakshaani - Legend English
Tuesday 15/06/2010, 19:57

Heck with experience levels, if you want to unban the Big Guns, you should have Clintz cutoffs.

Room A for decks 10K and less, room B for those decks under 20K, and room C for decks of unlimited value.

This way, those with the Big 5 or the like have a room to fight, but they'll only be facing OTHER people with Big 5 cards. Newer players can stick in the sub-10 room, and the middleweights who have excellent cards, but not the Big 5, can sit in between the two levels and Duke it out.

It's one more room than the current two, true, but it's a great equalizer.
93/127
SteelBus - Novice - M I S F I T S English
Tuesday 15/06/2010, 20:12

I like that idea too.
94/127
M-Bison - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 16/06/2010, 01:10

A few suggestions that might make ELO more intrestion :

More Rares given out, 100 past 1200 elo just isnt enough.

First place ALWAYS gets a random cr out of the 12. I've seen loads of people get No.1 without a cr (how annoying?)

Remove the 'Vote to Ban' I dont think Players should choose the cards to ban, Urban staff should get involed in ELO and decide.

A certain amount of wins in a row gives you a bonus amount of ELO points, Im not talking rediculous amounts but decent amounts, Its annoying to win 3 games in a row then lose 1 game to a player with a lower score then you and lose them all again.

KO wins give you bonus points, Not many lol just 2 or something, alot of elo games i played i didnt KO or get KO'd so i think this would get La Junta/Fang pi clan used more and more cards used.

Theses are more suggestions that i think would improve ELO, not really make it more intresting but yeh there my thoughts.
95/127
Wednesday 16/06/2010, 02:16

As for ideas to make ELO more intresting :

. Mono week. This week would include unbanning all cards and obviously only using a Mono deck.
. Ouch. This week would be alot harder but more rewarding, only winning 2 games in a row moves your elo score up.
Regular cards that are banned are still banned.
. 5 the magic number. This week every 5* (leaders included) are banned.
Regular cards that are banned are still banned.
. PunchOut. Your elo score only goes up by KOs. This week includes unbanning all cards.

Some of them might need alterations but yeh.
96/127
bloodyjack - Imperator English
Wednesday 16/06/2010, 16:19

Hello
To encourage diversity, a note may be given to each card; let's say 100 for Elixir and 0 for Marina (according to the rarity of the last 6 months) . By the end of the week the players who have the highest score ie those who have played the rarest characters in the elo room get a jackpot payed by those who have played Marina Striker Ghumbo or GHEIST/ Roots all week. Jackpot in clintz or elo points or whatever.

This way we might see again beautiful cards that have disappeard a long time ago. Let's dream of a better world:. meluzine Graziella or sakura my favorite (

Anything to stop the aristocracy of All Stars Roots GHEIST would be welcome. gg to everybody
97/127
Vinyl-Scratch - Titan - D-Versified English
Wednesday 16/06/2010, 16:21

@Sonofwar I like your comment 95 ideas.
98/127
Wednesday 16/06/2010, 18:29

@CatWomanMEOW

Thanks
99/127
blah_bla_blah - Senior Español
Wednesday 16/06/2010, 23:23

Hmmmm jackie in elo
100/127
-Wicer- - Moderator - Harbingers of Ares English
Wednesday 16/06/2010, 23:40

@Sonofwar

I like your idea very much. Some great ones in there. It will reduce most clans and smash them to a pulp.
I would like to see a week where all your cards have to be the same and have 1 power. So we could laugh XD

« Previous12...678910111213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals