Thursday 15/07/2010, 03:41
A summary of my profile: just over 260 official fights, level 17, haven't really explored outside the limited rooms (10-15, 15-20), and most comfortable with the Sentinel. I've browsed a bit on the forums about various 25* deck combinations, the ELO environment, and strategy in general. Got really excited when I unlocked the ELO rooms, then realized that I'm probably in over my head.
Some ideas that I've been directed to:
- ELO is highly competitive and change often and dramatically based on weekly bans and the power cards that they traditionally neutralize.
- There's an emphasize on SoA and SoB, ranging from always expecting an opponent to draw one to expecting a majority of the decks you'll face to be full with them -- and thus, an emphasis on stable cards (not too reliant on bonuses/abilities).
- Often nerfed clans includes Rescue and Sentinel. Coincidentally, popular clans include Piranhas and Roots.
- People with tens of thousands of games under their belt still fail at this mode.
- Focus on having selective, powerful cards in each clan -- all pretty expensive.
- Requires lots of knowledge about cards.
1. Why are Sentinel worse than Junkz?
2. Possible combinations -- Sentinels with All Stars/Piranhas/Roots/Sakrohm/Skeelz? If so, what cards?
3. Too poor (~30k worth of clintz/cards, mostly invested into Sentinel but can sell) to attempt this stage?
4. Too inexperienced to attempt this stage?
5. Other advice?
Thanks so much for the help!