Piranas two stars

Piranas two stars
Monday 27/09/2010, 19:58
Xiander - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
10 messages
Piranas two stars
Xiander - Titan - Random EncounterEnglish - Monday 27/09/2010, 19:58

I am having a good deal of success with Piranas these days. I do however find it hard to make everything fit.
Hawkins and Tula are sure choices when making a pirana deck.
But then what? If I want a third three star, in order to make room for those briliant four stars, which one should i go for?

I am aware that this is a matter of opinion, but i would like to hear some arguments, so if you have one, shoot.

2/10
The Feared - Master - the courtyard of shadows English
Monday 27/09/2010, 20:29

I would say Spycee
3/10
Grapple X - Legend - The Infinite Shoeblack English
Monday 27/09/2010, 20:38

Spycee is handy for defensive purposes, as he'll stop any nasty effects like poison or pillz reduction, whilst Hawkins Noel gives you another high-powered pillz manipulator. However, I prefer to combine Piranhas with GHEIST rather than going mono, and that'll give you some fantastic 2* options like Arkn, Z3r0 D34d, and Platinum, who sits well alongside Tula. The combination SOA and SOB bonuses also give you some great options on the defensive.
4/10
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Monday 27/09/2010, 20:48

Hawkins Noel is by far the best of the rest.

Spycee is awful. All he can do is turn off abiilties. And while that might be good sometimes, his low power means you're almost always going to take some damage.

And he can't wall. Covering with a small amount of pillz is a waste as most decks will contain an 8 power who'll be able to dominate him, and pumping him full of pillz is an awful idea because of his 2 damage.

He's simply a waste of space.

Trey suffers the same due to his 5 power and singular damage.

Dante's 6 power is a little better, but his confidence based ability is far too predictable for the amount of attack potential he possess.

There are only 3 2*s worth thinking about in Piranas, and they're more than enough.
5/10
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Monday 27/09/2010, 20:48

PS - in mono you can always splash Lehane if you need a third and you don't like Noel.
6/10
Xiander - Titan - Random Encounter English
Monday 27/09/2010, 23:24

@grapple x
I have thought about half decking, but i have a strong like for both Taljion and Scubb, and they Don´t fit in any halfdeck. I might try it out anyways, since Piranas does have som decent alternatives to those two and GHEIST has a lot of good cards (even if they are somewhat limeted by the temp staff bans this week.

@Shadowcouncil
What gets to me about Hawkins Noel is his lack of use when it comes to anything but preventing dammage by winning a round. Okay, i admit that he is a funny choice agains dammage reducers as well, but he suffers from a dammage of one.

Spycee actually won me two matchess today. how? I used him to overcome Oshitsune both times, preventing seven dammage and keeping me ahead. I agree that this is not a strong argument to keep him, but it proves that he does have uses (he would be equally effective against Caelus, which is a pretty funny thought).

I stay far away from Dante and Trey for exactly the reasons you mention.

I thought about Lehane, but again it conflicts with the two support cards. Then again Scubb can be replaced by Kristin and taljions role can be fille by Raeth instead... worth considering.
7/10
All-GioYNWA - Novice Português
Tuesday 28/09/2010, 00:31

Spycee is actually a pretty good card. You can never deny the advantages having a full-stop on your team gives you.
8/10
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Tuesday 28/09/2010, 01:38

Depends on the week.. this week, id definitely be running Spycee
9/10
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Tuesday 28/09/2010, 02:40

"You can never deny the advantages having a full-stop on your team gives you."

The advantages fall pretty short when 5 power is all you have to work with.

Honestly 5/2 all stop = dead end. There are three tiers of power above Spycee, and most decks will contain at least a couple from the top two and all will deal with him very easily.

And as Spycee's pay-off is a pathetic 2 damage, even if you wall and win you've not achieved much.

Spycee is simply an off switch for abilities, but without any kind of meaningful damage or ability to wall your Opp's damage he remains one of the most useless 2*s in the game.
10/10
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Tuesday 28/09/2010, 02:44

"Spycee actually won me two matchess today. how? I used him to overcome Oshitsune both times, preventing seven dammage and keeping me ahead. I agree that this is not a strong argument to keep him, but it proves that he does have uses (he would be equally effective against Caelus, which is a pretty funny thought)."

Yes, there are power manipulators he can handle, but they're too few and far between in comparison to the abundance of 7-8s. Indeed, even 6s.

Spycee remains far too situational in this regard.

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals