How do we get to 1400+ ???

Saturday 22/05/2010, 06:11
Clairesu_LoA - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
24 messages
Clairesu_LoA - Titan - Legends of AmericaEnglish - Saturday 22/05/2010, 06:11

I realize that there may be many people on here that, like me, have not gotten to 1400 or be willing to share their secret. I, for my part, have been able to score somewhat often over 1300 with a personal best of 1378, but I have not gotten to the magic 1400, which is my aspiration and goal.

So, for those of you chosen experts, do you have any advice, any strategy?
Do you have a special deck, or special decks?
Do you choose to play at certain times of the day or on certain days?
Do you find a specific playing style that works particularly better?
Do you find different competition at different levels of the event?
What do you do if you get into a slump or losing streak?

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks sincerely for your time and response.
« Previous123Next »

2/24
AGPrinz - Titan - 'AktivGaming' English
Saturday 22/05/2010, 10:47

I think they cheat. i think they are able to see how many pills you use on your cards. I don't have any proof, but i have looked around, and it seems that this game isnt hack proof. Thats just my guess tho.
3/24
LetheanTears - Guru - TRiNiTY English
Saturday 22/05/2010, 12:47

I got to 1400 ELO once, I did it with a deck that was, at the time, one of the the best ELO decks at the time and I spent the time to learn how to really play my deck and learn common moves. It was actually pretty easy, till I got to +1400

Anyways;
Learn a mojority of the plays in the game mode. Makes it easy to know how to pill.
Get a deck that is not only top tier but also a deck that you KNOW how to play.
I never really cared about the time of day...
I like damage :3
Different ELO levels play much differently than others, if that's what you mean.
I play sum Creedance Clearwater Revival and Chill out for second or two. Does the trick 98.6% of the time.
5/24
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Saturday 22/05/2010, 19:25

@ DiceMoney

"I think they cheat. i think they are able to see how many pills you use on your cards. I don't have any proof"

could you please refrain from posting something like that, when even you yourself realise how questionable your own opinion is?

as for 1400 ELO play... it is pretty tough

1300 is quite easy... beyond say 1350 it becomes harder because at this point you are now facing potential 20 point losses for each game you lose and only gaining maybe 12 points for a win.

you need a bit of a win streak to get up from the 1350s into the 1400's.

Hopefully a regular 1400+ Elo player will comment. I only play till 1300. And when i do have a couple of extra hours i try for 1400 i am successful at it only 50% of the time id say, then i just give up for the week
6/24
Vinyl-Scratch - Titan - D-Versified English
Saturday 22/05/2010, 19:38

I have no idea. I get stuck on 1399 twice. :'(
7/24
Saturday 22/05/2010, 19:38

*get to got
8/24
Saturday 22/05/2010, 19:41

Sorry for posting 3 times but whatever

What you need is a awesome deck, a good deck wouldn't cut it. You need a awesome deck. You also need to dedicate loads of time to ELO and know how to play and predict what your opponents needs to do.

@Waster Sorry I'm not 1400 but you got a 1399 ELO player to post.
9/24
TnT_Mathwiz - Imperator English
Saturday 22/05/2010, 19:52

ELO is all about predicting your opponents' moves. Unless you are lucky enough to get past 1400 by pure instinct and blind guessing, you will need to literally play each round in your opponents' shoes. It is tough, but with practice your prediction skills will become much better.
10/24
0 Anderson - Titan English
Sunday 23/05/2010, 00:26

@ math not neccisarrily. And this is what most people think which can sometimes be their downfall. Typically, what works for me is ONLY pilling hard on my heavy hiters. Either than that, I only play 0-2 pillz on my weaker cards.

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals