Some change in ELO mode
Friday 04/06/2010, 15:19
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
127 messages
Some change in ELO mode
Euzebe - Legend English - Friday 04/06/2010, 15:19

Hello all,

We are aware that the ELO mode is not particularly satisfying as it is right now. Until now we had the will to staff ban as little cards as possible, only those which seemed really too strong according to us. We used to count on your votes to bring more diversity in ELO decks.

We will change this system.

We Don’t know how it will evolve yet but we worked quite a lot on it already. It will take some time before these changes will be released (not too much, you won’t wait for years Don’t worry ). The only thing I can tell you is that we’ll do what we think is consistent and efficient to give more diversity and fun to this mode.

There won’t be big changes in the game mode. Changes will be more on the cards ban system. We will handle staff bans with a complete different policy. Forget about «the strongest cards are banned forever». But there will be more banned cards, for a shorter duration and not only the strongest cards. As I said previously, our goal is : diversity and fun.

I’m sure you’ll like it
« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

2/127
SoPunny-Zack - Veteran - Time Conquers All English
Friday 04/06/2010, 15:26

Change of banning? Cant wait! really, im not being sarcastic...
3/127
Population 0 - Guru - Organized Konfusion English
Friday 04/06/2010, 15:36

This means the general, Kiki Cr and the likes will be unbanned?
4/127
Euzebe - Legend English
Friday 04/06/2010, 15:43

@Ikiga : why not ? It can be one of possible changes we could make for a short period of time. For example, we can allow the big five for one week but ban other strategic cards in their clans to make it more balanced. It could be an idea but for the moment we don't know if we'll do this kind of things or not. Maybe it will be too dangerous or maybe not. We're still thinking about it
5/127
Friday 04/06/2010, 15:49

I hope not.. People will probably find a way to still fit it in a deck and dominate with it.
6/127
0 Anderson - Titan English
Friday 04/06/2010, 15:52

Wow, this changes ELO entirely then. i think its a positive thing though, considering how monotone some decks are getting
7/127
Jesuela - Titan English
Friday 04/06/2010, 16:04

8/127
Euzebe - Legend English
Friday 04/06/2010, 16:08

@Ikiga : Nope because rules will be changed all the time. Why not having a week with no 4* cards, another with only 20* decks, forbid or allow mono clan decks, etc. ? Everything is possible, as I said, we are still thinking about it but we don't want to limit our "tools" in banning cards only. If we regularly change rules, people won't have enough time to find THE ultimate deck.
9/127
Friday 04/06/2010, 16:24

Hmm yeah okay that sounds nice.
10/127
Time Gambit - Senior English
Friday 04/06/2010, 17:13

I don't like having ELO constantly changing the cards I need to play it. If the UR staff really think the game needs a game style that fluctuates every week like having weeks with no 4*s, weeks with perma-banned cards, and weeks with 20* decks, I think it should be a new, separate format.

« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals