Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Stupid question: what's the point of split decks w/same bonus?

Saturday 25/09/2010, 05:06
cockcock - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
8 messages
cockcock - Veteran English - Saturday 25/09/2010, 05:06

I was just wondering why someone would make a deck of say, Roots mixed with GHEIST. I understand that it can be advantageous to get the best possible two or three stars for a clan weaker in that department, but surely this is outweighed by the potential to have a stranded loner out there with no bonus. Am I wrong in this? Why not take advantage of a chance for two bonus types in a deck?

2/8
swagmaster420 - Guru - TRiNiTY English
Saturday 25/09/2010, 07:33

GHEIST have amazing 4* and 2*.
Roots have amazing 3*.
GHEIST have the worst 3* ever. (Leviatton's a big exception.)
Roots have the worst 4* ever. (Cept for Ratanah.)
3/8
LetheanTears - Guru - TRiNiTY English
Saturday 25/09/2010, 08:08

To focus a strategy? If you want a deck with lot's of attack manip, why not use Uppers and Montanas together? Or, like iSuicide is getting at, balance out the deck. Junkz gots dem low stars, Sentinels have dem high stars. Junkz have low damage, Sentinel have high damage. Badaboom badabing, you got a working deck.
4/8
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Saturday 25/09/2010, 13:10

"GHEIST have the worst 3* ever. (Leviatton's a big exception.)"

Leviatonn and Bristone are both amazing cards.
Dolly is also a very good card, often overlooked.

But yes, as mentioned, it's because some clans are stronger in certain areas than others.

For example: Nightmare are lacking in 3*s aside from Pan. Mix them with Piranas and you suddenly have a very strong list of candidates depending on the mode.
5/8
HighFidelity - Legend - Open Casket Deutsch
Saturday 25/09/2010, 15:06

Also: don't forget the elo bans. sometimes there is no replacement for a card in the same clan so you got to get it from another clan
6/8
UM Shoshonee - Guru - URBAN MADNESS English
Saturday 25/09/2010, 23:38

Also, maybe the cards fit the players bugdet or that's what he/she got in the packs and decided to use. There's a trade off between having the better low/high stars of different clans and risking the chance one of your cards will be without a bonus.

I think it's just preference and a trade off.
7/8
Pilluminati - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Sunday 26/09/2010, 05:07

I guess one could say split same decks cover each other's weaknesses.they watch each other's backs whether they like it or not.sentinels can nuke but cant really manipulate the way Junkz can with Gil and Tremorh.GHEIST are pure power and damage but can reduce damage to save there lives while the Roots can provide multiple options along with having Shakra,the strongest shutdown in the game arguably whereas the Roots low damage are backed up by Astrid,Wardom,Rolph,etc.

So i think you get the gist of what everyone's trying to tell you now.You should try playing like this sometime and see if anything comes from it.
8/8
cockcock - Veteran English
Wednesday 29/09/2010, 22:34

I guess I can understand, but no way on god's green earth am I ever going to let any of those patchouli-scented jabronies into with my nice shiny GHEIST deck

I understand Sentinel/Junkz now that I make a better survey, but GHEIST dies hardcore without their bonus, from what I can tell...

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals