Guide To Building a 1400 ELO Calibur ELO Deck : Piranas

Tuesday 18/05/2010, 01:32
XC Chase - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
25 messages
XC Chase - Legend - E X C A L I B U REnglish - Tuesday 18/05/2010, 01:32

Piranas are the pill manipulation clan on Urban Rivals.

Pro's of Pill Manipulation -
Once your opponent makes a mistake, they have pretty much lost the game.
You can make very scary bluffs which mixed w/ the rest of the manipulation, can be devastating.
Makes your opponent have a tough time predicting you because in the back of there mind they will know that if they predict wrond they will lose the game, which in turn, can make them make mistakes they wouldn't make against other clans and give you an easy win.

Con's Of Pill Manipulation -
If you predict wrong you could lose just as easily.
SoA cards can devastate them.

Piranas Bonus : Stop Opponent's Bonus

Keys For the Clan:
Smokey Cr never ELO banned anymore
Ulrich being released, which gives them the DR they needed to mix with Selma or Dalhia or Eklore if you use a Leader.
Smokey Cr's, Dalhia's and Hawkins' Bluff threat.

Leaders that can be used with the clan :
Eklore - Makes Pill Manipulation even more effective and gives you a more room for error.
Morphun - Makes Pill Manipulation more effective, gives room for error, and let's you play very aggresively
Hugo - Helps with no pillz bluffs and Makes Tula absolutely a beast
Eyrik - Helps cards like Smokey Cr and Hawkins and Tula have 8 power or virtually 8 power(Tula's case) and makes Tyd and Dalhia amazing

They are great in half-decks

Beast Mono deck for Pill manipulation - Dalhia, Tula, Hawkins, Smokey Cr, Selma, Tyd, Ulrich, Spycee
« Previous123Next »

11/25
spamg88-LoA - Veteran English
Wednesday 19/05/2010, 01:34

@B-Ba11: As I said, that is perhaps Spycee's only use. He gets a mere 5-4 advantage over Caelus and Copper (for Caelus, I'd use Tula for the extra damage too). His damage is horrible, and his power is lame. Not many at least experienced Piranas users, like myself, use Spycee.

Morlha's 4 damage is even more of a threat than Spycee.

@K1NG_Pwn4G3: I just love it when peeps throw out DR cards with high min.'s since they aren't as effective against Piranas. That's 2 pillz and 2 health down, thank you.
12/25
Agito_King - Guru - D-Versified English
Wednesday 19/05/2010, 03:25

Ambre sure she is a bit predictable, but hey you just gotta be more sneakier!
I like using her, while waiting till Morphun is banned and I get him, but hey, she still works
13/25
XC Chase - Legend - E X C A L I B U R English
Wednesday 19/05/2010, 03:40

Call yourself an experianced Piranas user when I have won more games with Piranas then you have played in games combined with any clan.
You haven't gotten 1400 ELO with Piranas, I have
That is also kind of going against Andyman's statement.

Spycee is used inevery Mono Piranas deck I see especially if you just put Eklore in there for one of the 5 * Piranas
14/25
0 Anderson - Titan - UTOPiA English
Wednesday 19/05/2010, 03:46

Bball, you got to 1400 once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your pretending to be an expert when youve only accomplished this feat once. i dought you could consistantly get 1400 every week.
15/25
-0-broseidon - Imperator English
Wednesday 19/05/2010, 22:21

I think that the Piranas need more cards with more damage
16/25
Thursday 20/05/2010, 02:56

I don't have a high Elo record because I don't concentrate on Elo as much as I do Daily Tournaments and practicing effective decks. My win-loss ratio is also higher than yours, although that doesn't matter as much. I rarely see Spycee used outside of newbie and budget decks and your guide. Kristin is used far more than him, and I believe shadowcouncil has gotten a higher Elo with Kristin; however, I personally don't use Kristin very often myself, as I utilize a GHEIST-Piranas using a 10* Piranas half-deck, as well as a featherweight round-winning Piranas and a Jackie HugUppers deck.

Spycee definately has his uses, but too few and far in between for me to like him much.
17/25
XC Chase - Legend - E X C A L I B U R English
Thursday 20/05/2010, 03:45

Actually Andyman i have gotten it every week for the past 3 weeks.
So consistently, yes I have.
I plan on getting it this week as well.
Right now I have only 4 losses.
Piranas is good but not in Mono halfdeck Piranas is great
18/25
Friday 21/05/2010, 02:03

Piranas is great in halfdeck, yes, but they are also very effective in Mono. FAST IS FUN has, I believe, won a tournament using 8 Piranas + Hugo. In elo they are still pretty good, last time I checked.

Spycee also has no place in a halfdeck Piranas. Tula, Hawkins, and even Hawkins Noel (to an extent) are all better than him/use that space better.
19/25
Agito_King - Guru - D-Versified English
Friday 21/05/2010, 03:52

I actually like Spycee in mono Piranas.... he works unexpectedly sometimes, I'd rather use him than Hawkins Noel IMO though he does have a of competition
20/25
Trippie - Legend - Open Casket English
Friday 21/05/2010, 16:01

"Piranas is good but not in Mono halfdeck Piranas is great"

You just shot yourself in the foot. You've been bragging all this time about how Spycee is a great card, but I doubt you use him in your 1400 decks..

OK now back to topic.

Taljion, Smokey Cr, Tyd, Ulrich and Hawkins are all staples in mono - Piranas I believe.

You can put Tula in and have a 5* and 4* spot remaining, where you can choose Dalhia/Selma/Pesth/Bloodh/Leader + Kristin/Scubb/Sting.

If you cannot afford Smokey Cr, then downgrade him to Hawkins Noel, and then add in Tula and two 5* cards.

I still don't think Piranas are a consistent 1400 clan because one mistake and you're gone. After 1300 you have to win pretty much every game and so they require too much precision. A more stable SoA and another DR would give them that potential though.

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals