This week in ELO...

This week in ELO...
Monday 24/05/2010, 09:34
UmExcuseMe - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
38 messages
This week in ELO...
UmExcuseMe - Imperator English - Monday 24/05/2010, 09:34

I think it's pretty clear that the weekly bans shape the ELO environment, so I thot I'd start this thread on the decks that will be prevalent this week in the upper echelons of ELO. Opinions welcome!

Let's start with who's on the ban list. Bye bye, All Stars. After being traumatized by AS+Eyrik decks all last week, both Marina and Striker get the boot (good riddance). Caelus, Copper and Hugo keep their usual place in the sin bin. You'll still see Roots half decks, but at least Shakra won't be there. Same goes for the ever-popular mono-Rescue, who are slightly weakened by the ban on Sledg.

Who escaped this week? There's Morphun, so expect plenty of cheesy DR + heavy hitter decks, and you can forget about subtlety because they'll just absorb everything and deliver the KO in the later rounds. Speaking of cheesy, Sylth amazingly survives the cut (oh joy), and the truly sadistic will play Morphun and Sylth together.

Who else? Let's see, Toro made it, and so did Oshitsune. And...what's this? Uh oh, with Ghumbo, we're all in hot soup. All members of Nightmare and GHEIST survived, which means it's an SOA/SOB week, folks!

My prediction of prevalent decks:
Morphun + Sylth cheese
Morphun + any cheese
Nightmare
GHEIST
Nightmare/GHEIST
GHEIST/Nightmare (are you sensing a pattern?)
Piranas (for those who can't afford Nightmare)
Skeelz (anti-SOA/SOB...good luck beating Morphun)

Comments?
« Previous1234Next »

2/38
Bass Faerie - Titan English
Monday 24/05/2010, 14:50

In my opinion, this week will be hell. I need to save up for Aurora to replace Sledg in my Rescue deck, I'm not sure exactly how you're supposed to beat a hand with Morphun + Sylth except hope to god you manage to beat them exactly. Ghumbo and Oshitsune is a deadly combination, together with SOB. I haven't seen enough GHEIST to warrant using my usual deck (with stop: cards).
What should I play myself? I could play GHEIST, since I have all their non Cr characters... It would counter Sylth I suppose. I prefer it when Shakra is unbanned!
3/38
LoA-Heitah - Senior English
Monday 24/05/2010, 15:40

I can tell you what you won't see, a deck with Ghumbo + Rolph. (Tried it, man it blows)
4/38
LetheanTears - Guru - TRiNiTY English
Monday 24/05/2010, 18:57

Roots/Skeelz, that'll be my deck.
5/38
stunya - Hero English
Monday 24/05/2010, 20:22

Where do you find out what cards are banned for the week?
6/38
stunya - Hero English
Monday 24/05/2010, 20:28

Where do you find out what cards are banned for the week?
7/38
Monday 24/05/2010, 20:59

@ Stunya - Scroll over "The Game" (DON'T CLICK), there will be a dropdown menu. Scroll to "ELO" (DO CLICK). Look directly below the Collecters for top 100, there should be rules on how to play ELO and with them, the cards banned from voting this week. Look around a bit in there (mostly ABOVE the Collectors*hinthint*).

You could also go to your deck/collection, look for where you can make presets and stoof, there should be a couple of game modes. Click the one for ELO and you'll see who is vote banned as well.
8/38
stunya - Hero English
Monday 24/05/2010, 21:43

@reihana14...thanks for that. I literally just got done putting together a junta / All Stars deck that is now worthless. Being a lower level player with only about 20% collection...this ban makes life tough...

thanks for the info...its voted on weekly...so any chance of getting them back next week?
9/38
Tuesday 25/05/2010, 00:07

Sure, if enough people vote to keep Marina and/or Striker. Also, All Stars are still viable this week. Randy, Robb and two other All Stars is still more than powerful, especially if the other two All Stars are Jessie and El Gringo. That'll ruin any Jungo and GHEIST players day.
10/38
Agito_King - Guru - D-Versified English
Tuesday 25/05/2010, 03:14

I was hoping to play Freaks this weak, but I am happy that Morphun is out that means it's time to kick out the Piranas. Though IMO I guess Freaks would be a nice half deck consisting of Bodgan, Esmeralda (or whatever her name is), Olga, and Baldovino
making a nice 14* combined with a little half deck with Smokey Cr, Ulrich, Hawkins/Tula, and Tyd

A lot of power, and pill manip with poision to boot! One combination I would like to never face. Especially with all the solid cards in the deck.

« Previous1234Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals