This week in Elo June 6-13

Sunday 06/06/2010, 21:01
LoA-Heitah - Senior English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
14 messages
LoA-Heitah - Senior English - Sunday 06/06/2010, 21:01

After two weeks of dominating All Stars it's not really surprising both Striker and Marina receive bans this week. Caelus will go for a few weeks (if not months), and lots of other changes.

Banned this week are: Caelus, Morphun, Ghumbo, Oshitsune, Striker, Marina, Hugo, Sylth.

That means Sledg is coming back after a few weeks absent. And so is Copper and Shakra.

The thing about Copper this week is, I hate to break it to you Copper fans, this is the absolute worst week in terms of conditions to play Copper. We're not only going to see massive amounts of Roots decks because of Shakra, but we're going to see even more massive amounts of GHEIST decks because Toro is available, and you're going to see many people just crazy ready to try out the new puppy in GHEIST, Draheera.

You will see a massive switch mid week, I predict. When all the noob GHEIST players trying out Draheera realize that everyone and their "dogs" is running Roots and GHEIST this week, Draheera will see limited play from midweek on.

Hugo-tana isn't a factor this week. But Rescue is. Rescue will be massively played this week and successfully so. But good Rescue players will alter their decks to include the following: Ghoub, Glosh, and obviously Sledg. Why? Because those 3 cards are not ability based. And with massive Roots and GHEIST this week, that's going to make Glosh absolutely golden.

(CONTINUED...)
« Previous12Next »

2/14
LoA-Heitah - Senior English
Sunday 06/06/2010, 21:07

Another net benefit to Rescue this week is the bans on Ghumbo and Oshitsune. So no Nightmare this week should be a threat.

Mono Piranas may be another viable option, however, because they will hedge the Rescue, and do great against Roots and GHEIST. One way to deal with some troublesome GHEIST cards will be to run Spycee in your deck this week. I also predict more players will turn to a Roots Piranas split this week. Example: http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1279992

Kristin is another good card to run this week, but it may require a non Shakra deck due to limited stars.

Also, high powered cards in other clans like ula will dominate this week.

In Summary: Play 2 stop: ability cards in your deck for elo this week. Example: http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1202664

Or be one of the hoardes of root players or at least half Roots split decks. Those are your best options.
3/14
FYA Will - Master - THE EXPLOSIVE ELITE English
Sunday 06/06/2010, 22:20

Yay for Sledg!
4/14
DrTravelerLoA - Master - Legends of America English
Sunday 06/06/2010, 22:44

Ok, time for the usual predictions. A lot of this is in line with GH-Heitah

Sledg (C) and Shakra (U) in probably means that Nightmare and Piranas are in trouble. Nightmare already has to cope with Ghumbo (U) and Oshitsune (R) out, but Sledg (C) in means that Rescue decks will fare pretty well against SoB decks in general, while Shakra (U) in means that Roots decks that typically struggle against Nightmare and Piranas have a rather large beatstick they can use. I don't think mono-Piranas will do that hot this time.

All Stars are back out in the cold. Oh drats. *sarcasm* Caelus (R) out of the ELO means Skeelz can crawl back under their rock for a week. You might see the rare Skeelz have deck, but I wouldn't count on it.

Copper (U) is an interesting wrinkle in the metagame. Normally that would mean that Sentinels would be literally everywhere in the half deck and mono, but Shakra's place in the meta game means that Sentinels are facing potentially strong SoA decks out there, something that traditionally wrecks most of the ELO level Sentinels Add to that GHEIST has Toro (U) this week, so they aren't exactly weak in this environment. Copper (U) might actually prove weak in this environment.

I too think a midweek switch or two will happen. Strong Rescue means SoA clans struggle. If the SoA clan usage dips, Copper can come back out to play weakening Rescue, making SoA attractive starting the cycle again.
5/14
The Feared - Master - the courtyard of shadows English
Sunday 06/06/2010, 23:57

Joke thread? Striker and Marina are unbanned and Sledg is banned
6/14
The Feared - Master - the courtyard of shadows English
Sunday 06/06/2010, 23:58

This week's ban list: Shakra, Sledg, Toro, Copper, Morphun, Ghumbo, Sylth.
7/14
Puddin Tame - Guru English
Monday 07/06/2010, 00:56

@The Feared, those are the bans from last week that will be over in several hours. They show the voting results here: http://www.urban-rivals.com/game/elo/vote.php on Sunday before the new week starts.

I think I am kinda glad that Shakra is lose this week, to keep it from being just a whole bunch of GHEIST players with Toro and Draheera.
8/14
0 Xavi - Titan English
Monday 07/06/2010, 04:03

Question, did anyone actually face Caelus last week?? I had a streak of 6 straight mono All Star decks which got kind of annoying, but not once did I run into Caelus. I think the fact that they are one of the best counters to him and they were out in full force kind of scared away most people from using him, much in the same way I think that the GHEIST and Roots this week will keep us from facing any decks with Copper.
9/14
rogueSleipnir - Guru - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 07/06/2010, 06:27

Anti stop time!
10/14
DrTravelerLoA - Master - Legends of America English
Monday 07/06/2010, 13:41

I saw Caelus last week, but not much after about Wednesday. All Stars really kept him in line.

I expect that Copper will make some brief appearances on Monday and Friday when new players for the week give him a go. However he won't be around long. This week will just be too hostile to him.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals