Need tactics help with la junta/uppers deck

Need tactics help with La Junta/Uppers deck
Saturday 29/05/2010, 04:55
Cypherus - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
10 messages
Need tactics help with la junta/uppers deck
Cypherus - Veteran English - Saturday 29/05/2010, 04:55

It seems like a well balanced deck but I always see myself losing by the third or fourth round because I either use too many pills on my Dorian or Bryan or I am just one pill short of winning.

Can somebody help me with strategy for this deck? What characters should I typically use early on and how aggressive I should be.
Or even what cards I should use would be very helpful.

My deck:
Uppers
Dorian (U)
Oxen (U)
Rubie (R)
Samantha (C)

La Junta
Bruce (C)
Bryan (R)
Jane Ramba (U)
Wardog (C)

It would be much appreciated

2/10
bazo0kajoe - Imperator - Pinoy Locals English
Saturday 29/05/2010, 07:19

Bryan - Naginata
Dorian - Nellie

bluff or use 5-6 pills on Naginata on the 1st round.. Uppers works great on low pill battles.
3/10
TCG_Kris - Senior English
Saturday 29/05/2010, 07:29

Maybe a deck like:
Trish
Nahomi
Jane Ramba
Bryan

Oxen
Rubie
Nellie
Wendel

That would leave your entire La Junta side to 2hko with Oxen (if ox goes first), Rubie, and Nellie.
So every hand (unless DR or SOB) will have a 2hko in it somewhere. Also, Trish and Nellie have great synergy with eachother's -Power. Maybe Add Dean in somehow (but that would reduce 2hkos, which Uppers and La Junta love, usually). Also the 3 SOA may hurt if you face Skeelz so Maybe Gatline in for Bryan. I'd keep Wendel cause he can be a nice starter card with 1 or 2 pillz to throw your opponent off.
4/10
bazo0kajoe - Imperator - Pinoy Locals English
Saturday 29/05/2010, 07:32

I forgot to add that you can 2-hit on most draws on that deck
5/10
DragonEy3 - Senior English
Saturday 29/05/2010, 19:44

Help me please
6/10
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Sunday 30/05/2010, 04:25

Force the opponent to pill using Oxen, Rubie, Samantha
save pillz for the heavy hitters.

personally, im not a fan of Rubie in elo decks... DT yes ELO no.
7/10
Ravenmaniac - Imperator English
Monday 31/05/2010, 00:06

Normally I would say lose the Uppers half of the deck. This week though it looks like All-Stars will be in full force and they are the weakness for La Junta. When running a La Junta Deck, let your opponents overpill early. Play one to three pills depending on the card in the first round Emeth is a monster against anyone other than GHEIST/Roots.
9/10
SoPunny-Zack - Veteran - Time Conquers All English
Monday 31/05/2010, 22:19

I would scrap one side. I don't think La Junta will be doing that well this week, with Marina and Striker being unbanned and all, and with their new card. However, La Junta have 2 nifty support cards, Thormund and Emeth, ever more useful if you choose to scrap the Uppers side.
10/10
MABanator - Hero - Ramshackle Glory English
Tuesday 15/06/2010, 09:53

Uppers really shine in T2 so id scrap the Uppers for elo but ur deck looks alright to me

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals