These bans are useless!

These bans are useless!
Thursday 05/08/2010, 17:12
GRIM D16 - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
28 messages
These bans are useless!
GRIM D16 - Titan English - Thursday 05/08/2010, 17:12

You still see the same staple decks: 2 out of 3 battles : Montana , the rest of the time it's either Nightmare or Roots.
So really all that's changed is that GHEIST & all-stars are less played.
Not what I believe was intended.
No more ELO for me this week.
So it basically boils down to less playability, less players!
« Previous123Next »

2/28
Puddin Tame - Guru English
Thursday 05/08/2010, 17:42

I've actually barely played against Nightmare and Roots. I've played against Roots half decks a few times but not much. I have played against a decent amount of Montana but probably not more than the amount of La Junta and Rescue I have played against.
3/28
Endymio_DvF - Titan - D-Versified English
Thursday 05/08/2010, 19:03

So far every second deck I've come across has been mono-Rescue.

Maybe next week they'll ban entire clans.
4/28
Vinyl-Scratch - Legend - D-Versified English
Thursday 05/08/2010, 19:20

Agreed, they are gonna ban more and more cards until all but 8 cards are banned in this game.
5/28
LB_Un67 - Imperator English
Thursday 05/08/2010, 19:23

I disagree, I've definitely seen far more variety then usually. Yes, the bans are getting out of hand, but we need to try before we judge.
6/28
Thursday 05/08/2010, 19:39

Looking at the bans, it jsut seems to be there to shift the balance, not give more varity.
7/28
Thursday 05/08/2010, 19:39

*just
8/28
Endymio_DvF - Titan - D-Versified English
Thursday 05/08/2010, 20:00

The thing is that good players know the best decks with the cards available. It's why the old ELO had such a prominent meta-game. The good decks contained the best cards which is why the same cards kept creeping up, cause they were the best cards.

Now the same thing is going to happen at the top of ELO, the best players are going to put together the best decks with the cards available and guess what, they're going to gravitate towards the same types of decks. Unless banning the top cards resulted in a completely even playing field with the remaining cards, which it doesn't, we're left with the same problem.

I think we'd be better off if the weaker clans were bolstered with good cards to bring them on par with some of the usual suspects and possibly the use of the top cards were limited somehow in the form of a penalty for having them in your deck to disuade overuse or a limit to how many of the top cards are allowed in your deck. Personally I think bringing the bottom up is a better strategy than bringing the top down, but that's just me.

P.S. During the course of writing this at 1150ish ELO, 3 out of the last 4 fights I've had have been against Rescue.
9/28
owButtacup Ld - Veteran - ONE WORLD English
Thursday 05/08/2010, 20:05

Actually, Mono-Rescue players tend to win every round to defeat the opp. Roots have the same strategy, too make sure that they lower the opp's life. You just need to shift your strategy to counter them. Most of the time, I played against GHEIST, Montana and Ulu Watu. There was a lot of variety I have to say. Most decks I fought were made to counter SOA. That's why I deited my strategy to counter decks like those.
http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1429212

Got me high enough today. Try to reach 1200 2morro.
10/28
MobiusWyrm - Colossus - Second 2 None English
Thursday 05/08/2010, 21:13

I have seen a good mix with the decks I am facing, lot of people have rolled with them, though the most frequent deck I keep seeing is Mono-Rescue.

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals