Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

For approaching the ELO top is it better to use a single deck?

Monday 06/09/2010, 17:03
Lucy 19 - Novice English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
3 messages
Lucy 19 - Novice English - Monday 06/09/2010, 17:03

I don't mean mono or bi clan, I mean if you think that it is better to use a single deck all the time or that should be used more than one during the climbing.
Any other realistic and helpful idea about how to approach the top of the mountain and improve my game style will be very well received.
I think I play OK, good enough to reach 1.300 wihtout hard problemas, and I use to learn quickly, but at this point I feel I've stopped my progression and by now I feel pretty dissappointed, frustrated, enraged, demoralized, depressed and overcome after my last attemps.

2/3
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Monday 06/09/2010, 19:15

Read the metagame and adapt to it.

If there are a lot of Rescue above 1300, think Montana - Nightmare - Piranas.
If there are a lot of Sentinel, think GHEIST - Roots.

And so on.

I find it's best to try to stick to the same deck once I've found as middle a ground as I'm likely to. Flitting between too many can throw my game with the lack of focus.
3/3
DrTravelerLoA - Master - Legends of America English
Tuesday 07/09/2010, 00:45

What shadowcouncil said is right. Its best to play for a while to read the metagame, pick a deck and stick to it as long as you can. I find that if I switch decks I'm facing at least a few lost games regrouping my playing strategy.

It might help to have a group of 3 to 4 go to decks for the metagame that you know how to use well that cover different metagame scenarios. For me that list is Roots, Piranas, Rescue, and Skeelz. If find with that 4 I'm typically covered in most scenarios.

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals