Some change in ELO mode
Friday 04/06/2010, 15:19
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
127 messages
Some change in ELO mode
Euzebe - Legend English - Friday 04/06/2010, 15:19

Hello all,

We are aware that the ELO mode is not particularly satisfying as it is right now. Until now we had the will to staff ban as little cards as possible, only those which seemed really too strong according to us. We used to count on your votes to bring more diversity in ELO decks.

We will change this system.

We Don’t know how it will evolve yet but we worked quite a lot on it already. It will take some time before these changes will be released (not too much, you won’t wait for years Don’t worry ). The only thing I can tell you is that we’ll do what we think is consistent and efficient to give more diversity and fun to this mode.

There won’t be big changes in the game mode. Changes will be more on the cards ban system. We will handle staff bans with a complete different policy. Forget about «the strongest cards are banned forever». But there will be more banned cards, for a shorter duration and not only the strongest cards. As I said previously, our goal is : diversity and fun.

I’m sure you’ll like it
« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

11/127
On3- Zecueid - Titan - The Fellowship of the Ring English
Friday 04/06/2010, 17:47

I agree. Not all players have all the cards in the game. Changes like this may cause these players to be restricted from ELO even further. let say General Cr is unbanned. That means that the La Junta clan staples(strategic cards i supposed) will be ban or something. This will cause players who only have La Junta cards unable to participate in ELO during that period.

The big 5 can come out maybe for a day period or something. An entire week is overkill especially to players who doesn't have the cards to at least defend from them.

And another point to consider is that, how are the strategic cards decided? it will be a hassle for the staffs to decide which cards are strategic every week. Furthermore when new cards are released, the strategic cards might change as well.

On the good side, it is something new for ELOs. It also means that Jackie and Zatman will be able to see ELO and I think that there are not much strategic cards in Uppers since they are pretty much the strategic cards themselves. That also means Kolos and Ratanah will be running lose. Like the diversity that this changes can offer.
12/127
Trippie - Legend - Open Casket English
Friday 04/06/2010, 17:53

But there won't be anything drastic that forces us to buy new cards every week right? Cos for people just getting into ELO this could be a problem, and new players would have a lot of trouble at first..
13/127
SoPunny-Zack - Veteran - Time Conquers All English
Friday 04/06/2010, 18:06

This doesn't sound TOO bad...Even if the big 5 are unbanned, the staples will be banned. And there are very few with those cards anyway. Even cards like Kiki Cr will be the same as cards like lets say Striker, because he doesn't have his bonus.
14/127
Jesuela - Titan English
Friday 04/06/2010, 19:25

I like it
15/127
lightball20 - Imperator English
Friday 04/06/2010, 20:08

I agree with time gambit, making new rules for deck types like banning 4 stars or making a week with only 20 stars max should be made into a separate game style, it would mess with the elo too much and would screw the market up, some weeks good cards might plummet in cost if they are not allowed in elo, and if someone saved up for a long time to buy the cards they wanted to use in a deck only to find out that he is unable to use that deck a day later because elo rules are changed will probly not be too keen on playing more

and with the changes to the staff banned cards, in dts will we still be getting the 2 points penalty for using staff banned elo cards in t1 or t2 room
16/127
Friday 04/06/2010, 21:37

Actually, Im not liking the sound of this too much. Think about it, currently probably 99% of Roots users can't afford Kiki Cr, no doubt. So, if you ban staples like Yookie and Arno and Shakra or something, and let Kiki Cr in, Roots would be finished.
What I'm trynna say is this is almost ruining ELO mode...It is ruining certain clans chances at shining.
17/127
Dr.Ido - Legend - Clint Staff English
Friday 04/06/2010, 22:23

I don't know if we'll ever get to the point where we'll ban all 4 stars or limit ELO deck to 20 stars. These are extreme examples, showing that we understand how boring the ELO mode has become and that we understand that we need to be active to bring more life into it. At first and most of the time, we'll focus on temporary ban of cards in order to create change and forces all players to adapt to the new context. We'll make sure that everyone knows who is banned and who is not and has plenty of time to adjust.

About the fact that this might "force" people to buy new card. Well, it's a tricky question. Today you can surely buy a set of maybe 10 cards that will be all you'll ever need or the ELO mode. You'll have one deck for each type of week (Roots, Skeelz, All Stars) and just need to load your preset according to who is ban or not this week. Sure you'll never have to buy new cards, but you won't have much fun either. Plus, those "stapples" cards that you had to get in the first place were expensive because everyone need those.

In the futur, I hope that you'll be able to use much more cards in your ELO deck, because every week will be different and you'll want to adapt, try stuff, and surprise your opponent. It's likely that you'll find yourselves on the market more often, but not everyone will be looking for the same cards, so there might be some bargains. But most importantly, it will be more interesting.
18/127
Dr.Ido - Legend - Clint Staff English
Friday 04/06/2010, 22:27

@END_Zack : Don't focus too much on the fact that the big banned Cr might come back or not. We'll never do it unless we find ways to keep it balanced, and if we can't find a way to do it (and I can't think of any now) we won't do it.

The main thing is that ELO is not as fun as it should be right now, and we want to do something about it.
19/127
Friday 04/06/2010, 22:47

Got it ELO really isn't as fun as it should be
20/127
XC Manfred 32 - Legend - El Dorado English
Friday 04/06/2010, 23:22

Sounds good

« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals