Some change in ELO mode
Friday 04/06/2010, 15:19
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
127 messages
Some change in ELO mode
Euzebe - Legend English - Friday 04/06/2010, 15:19

Hello all,

We are aware that the ELO mode is not particularly satisfying as it is right now. Until now we had the will to staff ban as little cards as possible, only those which seemed really too strong according to us. We used to count on your votes to bring more diversity in ELO decks.

We will change this system.

We Don’t know how it will evolve yet but we worked quite a lot on it already. It will take some time before these changes will be released (not too much, you won’t wait for years Don’t worry ). The only thing I can tell you is that we’ll do what we think is consistent and efficient to give more diversity and fun to this mode.

There won’t be big changes in the game mode. Changes will be more on the cards ban system. We will handle staff bans with a complete different policy. Forget about «the strongest cards are banned forever». But there will be more banned cards, for a shorter duration and not only the strongest cards. As I said previously, our goal is : diversity and fun.

I’m sure you’ll like it
« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

31/127
UmExcuseMe - Imperator English
Sunday 06/06/2010, 13:14

I think the biggest problem with ELO is that some clans are obviously stronger than others, and the weekly ELO vote isn't doing enough to curb these strong clans because there aren't enough votes to go around. So I'm looking forward to having more cards banned for shorter periods.

The problem with CCGs is that a broken card might slip through playtesting, and once that happens, it's really hard to fix. It's not so bad for a game like Magic: the Gathering since the card goes out of the current format at the end of a cycle, plus that game has 60 cards in a deck. For UR, each deck only has 8 cards, so a couple of broken cards results in some hideously overpowered decks (especially low-starred cards).

With the proposed changes, it allows the UR staff to try out different combinations of banned cards to look for some balance, and when the environment gets "figured out", they can change it.

Ultimately, though, some cards are just way too strong and should never have made it into the game *cough*Jackie*cough*, and should become (or remain) permanently banned. It will upset the players who have those cards, but I think it will make the game better for the majority in the long run.
32/127
-Wicer- - Moderator - Harbingers of Ares English
Sunday 06/06/2010, 13:57

Hmm I like the ideas.. maybe we could vote on what we would like to see appear. Of course Elo would now be a huge fun event
33/127
Babs Hartley - Legend - TRiNiTY English
Sunday 06/06/2010, 18:12

I totally support the idea to nurture more diversity in the ELO mode.
Kudos to the admins for working on ways to keep it fresh!
34/127
0WattZ - Master - TRiNiTY English
Sunday 06/06/2010, 18:27

I like the idea about diversity yes.
But, Hmmm...Why not unbanned some of the Perma-Banned Cards for like a week or 2 ?
Like Hawk Lamar Cr Zatman for example. That would and should jumpstart Elo in a BIG way It could be like a
New way of stirring up elo. I would like to keep the big 5 Banned for good but some cards like Wee Lee and the prevoius cards
I mentioned could be put in the elo format election and be voted back on from time to time.
This is Will also Have a big stirr up in the market and have cards rise in price in which EVERYone would want to play Elo.
So If they prices goes up and everyone one wants to play more often that will bring more players and not to forget about credit pruchases which is the main goal for UR to make money and make the game more better and funner for the people that plays it am i right ? I've seen alot of lovely I mean LOVELY Updates from back then to now for example a better look to the eye (diffrent layouts) and also a better way to bring more people in the world og playing the game and not just collecting and that it the missions. Last but not least the Game mode Death Match she's a bueaty where you can level up super fast in a fun way with out buying and leveling up Pfull's which is a drag in my opinoin.

Okay now back to elo.
One thing i would like to see is more votes given to the people that plays ELO. like atleast 2 more votes for each person thats average like 1350 and less and like 4 more votes to 1400+
35/127
Sunday 06/06/2010, 18:30

(cont'd)

So if you do that the people who actually are good and play elo could have a good chance to craft elo into something nice
They should know what they are doing if they can rank points high in ELO.
then thats where the UR staff comes in and throw curveballs for example the banning of Jessie that was a big curve ball xD

I Hope you take some of what I'm saying into consideration.

-Wattz
36/127
Sunday 06/06/2010, 18:37

@Chronically

I see where your coming from but Nightmare for big example has godo cards yes but they just got back in elo because they where knocked out for a long timw with no good cards to play with because when Kolos was elo playabale he was always banned for months at a time.. So now Ghumbo and Oshitsune actully have a chance in the ELO battle field.

Allstars are a nice price but there staples are aboiut 20K. EX. Striker Marina Jessie and robb
You can get them for cheaper if you wait untill they are ELO banned and then purchases them.

I understand that you are a young player in the game(not age yound xD) but you can still earn clintz with out buying packs.
its easier than ever now because we have a game mode called Death match for short DM.
where you can level up and get the leaders and sell them and gain a nice collection
all 10 of the leaders arre almost over 100K so thats a nice collection for anyone well for playing elo it is.
and when you get to level 50 I'm sure you could of made over 50-60+K in clintz by just playing so...You can hae nice cards like Ghumbo and Oshitsune Striker Charlie Yayoi Dorian Smokey Cr caelus and other heavy hitter's in the ELO playing format.

So take this into consideration...you dont have to ban all the good cards we still have left..
37/127
Sunday 06/06/2010, 18:46

@ Euzebe Comment 4.

I do like the fact you want to stirr it up a bit with unleasing the big 5...but really many people dont own it.
just like many people might not own a Striker. The safest way to unleash the big 5 is gradually threw out the year in specials..
The safest big 5 i can see is Lyse Teria Cr and it will be nice to have the big 5 voted in every now and then in the format election's. As well for other perma ban's like Lamar Cr Hawk and Wee Lee. those are the only 3 i can see being put back into to elo untill put back out by UR staff over time. the only one i can see in there for the longest will be I think lamar because of hit lower power and hit high star count. Wee Lee is very flexible thats why he got banned and i dont know why Hawk got banned because his clan doesnt really permit him so get much anywherre....but hey he still is a jackie with 1 more star in MANY people's eye....
38/127
Sunday 06/06/2010, 18:59

@ (Hal)Putzo Agreed

@ OC-steff Comment 28
I do belive Jungo are pretty good as well with the Bangers and Roots.
There are other clans besides all star and ghiest as well Nightmare that control elo.
they have a big part in it yes but they arent the only one's

what about Skeelz with that annoyin caelus ?

there are many cards that could make a 1400+ deck for example.
Rescue ! they arre crazy good ! as well as the underated monatana (by underated in mean in elo)
Last but not least the pirana with there crazy pill minipulation and very good low star half decks..

Yes this is coming from a guy with a elo of a little below 1350 hahaha but my potentional can get higher now that I'm out of school and only have a job to worry about i will have more time to get up there one day...

Sorry for all the comments but I have to put my 2 cents in because i dont want to be forgotten lol ! I wanna be known as "that guy names WattZ" LOL!
39/127
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Sunday 06/06/2010, 19:09

I fully support the idea of a heavy rotation and variety of cards in ELO play... new decks every week is healthy for this game.

I understand that players with less cards/clintz wont be able to take part to the same extent as players with the cards/clintz. But this is not a bad thing.

ELO is supposed to be higher level play. The other formats are there to help you win clintz/credit and slowly build better decks. Half the fun is playing events, Survivor, DTs, and investing in the market to get enough clintz to add that next card to your dream deck.
40/127
Cardz Ruler - Guru - D-Versified English
Monday 07/06/2010, 18:45

Good idea...its great to see how urban rivals has progressed so much with such a good input from the community and the mods and the likes...great news cant wait to see alec and marco back on the stage

« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals