Some change in ELO mode
Friday 04/06/2010, 15:19
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
127 messages
Some change in ELO mode
Euzebe - Legend English - Friday 04/06/2010, 15:19

Hello all,

We are aware that the ELO mode is not particularly satisfying as it is right now. Until now we had the will to staff ban as little cards as possible, only those which seemed really too strong according to us. We used to count on your votes to bring more diversity in ELO decks.

We will change this system.

We Don’t know how it will evolve yet but we worked quite a lot on it already. It will take some time before these changes will be released (not too much, you won’t wait for years Don’t worry ). The only thing I can tell you is that we’ll do what we think is consistent and efficient to give more diversity and fun to this mode.

There won’t be big changes in the game mode. Changes will be more on the cards ban system. We will handle staff bans with a complete different policy. Forget about «the strongest cards are banned forever». But there will be more banned cards, for a shorter duration and not only the strongest cards. As I said previously, our goal is : diversity and fun.

I’m sure you’ll like it
« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

41/127
XCap Wild - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Monday 07/06/2010, 19:17

I agree ELO has gotten stale. It doesn't need more big cards unbanned, it needs more equality. Really, it shouldn't be a metagame of this weeks cards that are unbanned vs their counter decks, it should be if I put 8 good cards that work together in a deck that I should have a decent chance of winning if I play better and smarter than my opponent. Difficult to do with the continuous release of monster powered cards on top of power bonuses enhanced by some leaders.

Answer? Dunno. One idea would be to assign a point value to frequently banned cards, kinda like banned cards are in DTs. Lose against decks with power cards and your ELO score doesn't drop as hard, winning with them doesn't increase as much. Lose using them = big hit, win against them big score. May actually discourage the play of the cards instead of just rotating through the power decks on bannings.
42/127
Edon EG - Imperator Română
Tuesday 08/06/2010, 22:19

NO!!!
BIG NO!!!!!!!!
I don't support this idea!!!
Seriously?
What?
How can you guys even think of bringing back perma-banend cards?
What?
WHAT??????
43/127
-Wicer- - Moderator - Harbingers of Ares English
Tuesday 08/06/2010, 22:50

@Edon (I miss doing that...)

If they unban Jackie, then there will probably be banning of Oxen Rubie Nellie Beetenka Wendel Dorian and other used Uppers cards so players are stuck with Bob Joby. And what if they splash Jackie? Well the solution there has to be 2 clans and they have to be 4/4 splits.

Like a big weekly event
44/127
Shwqa - Imperator English
Tuesday 08/06/2010, 22:57

I would love to see this. Top 20 cards of elo are tallied for the week. a random 1/4th of the cards are banned for the next week and a random 1/4 of those cards are banned for 2 weeks. This would be on top of the players voting too.
45/127
Vinyl-Scratch - Titan - D-Versified English
Tuesday 08/06/2010, 23:10

Love this idea. Different cards unbanned each week.

Also maybe you could ban 2 stars staples from each clan one week. It'd bring a challenge.
46/127
Vinyl-Scratch - Titan - D-Versified English
Tuesday 08/06/2010, 23:12

The big 5 will be interesting to fight. lol, I'll love facing them.
47/127
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Tuesday 08/06/2010, 23:35

Big five should never be allowed OR increased to 6 stars per card. I think that change would be more than fair.

Please please please don't ever change the star count, or ban certain star types or similar. This is Elo mode, not wacky event mode.

I'm all for diversity, but you can achieve that simply by allowing in some of the perma banned cards (big 5 excluded) each week.
48/127
0 Anderson - Titan - UTOPiA English
Tuesday 08/06/2010, 23:54

Yeh ive always though of there being a 6* card or a maxed 1*.
49/127
-Wicer- - Moderator - Harbingers of Ares English
Tuesday 08/06/2010, 23:54

@ Shadowcouncil

But what if there had to be mono decks and all of the big 5 clans have all the bad cards like Bob Joby and Akiko that would be just hilarious
50/127
Zincomega - Titan English
Wednesday 09/06/2010, 02:32

"NO!!!
BIG NO!!!!!!!!
I don't support this idea!!!
Seriously?
What?
How can you guys even think of bringing back perma-banend cards?
What?
WHAT??????"
Why so serious?

« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals