Some change in ELO mode
Friday 04/06/2010, 15:19
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
127 messages
Some change in ELO mode
Euzebe - Legend English - Friday 04/06/2010, 15:19

Hello all,

We are aware that the ELO mode is not particularly satisfying as it is right now. Until now we had the will to staff ban as little cards as possible, only those which seemed really too strong according to us. We used to count on your votes to bring more diversity in ELO decks.

We will change this system.

We Don’t know how it will evolve yet but we worked quite a lot on it already. It will take some time before these changes will be released (not too much, you won’t wait for years Don’t worry ). The only thing I can tell you is that we’ll do what we think is consistent and efficient to give more diversity and fun to this mode.

There won’t be big changes in the game mode. Changes will be more on the cards ban system. We will handle staff bans with a complete different policy. Forget about «the strongest cards are banned forever». But there will be more banned cards, for a shorter duration and not only the strongest cards. As I said previously, our goal is : diversity and fun.

I’m sure you’ll like it
« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

51/127
LoA-Heitah - Senior English
Wednesday 09/06/2010, 02:34

I like something along these lines:

"I would love to see this. Top 20 cards of elo are tallied for the week. a random 1/4th of the cards are banned for the next week and a random 1/4 of those cards are banned for 2 weeks. This would be on top of the players voting too."
52/127
fast as hell - Master English
Wednesday 09/06/2010, 03:05

Well I think you should keep the old elo and make a new room where you guys are talking about
53/127
DrTravelerLoA - Master - Legends of America English
Wednesday 09/06/2010, 03:44

I'm not in favor of the kind of massive week to week format changes that are outlined in the OP. I do agree that ELO has gotten a bit stale, but radical shifts in the format such as banning 4 stars one week, or banning mono-clan plan is only going to discourage new players who lack deep collections.

I think its probably time to look at some new staff bans in an attempt to balance things back out. Possible more cards going the Cr route and being removed from the ELO.
54/127
Dark Alpha_OC - Titan - Open Casket English
Wednesday 09/06/2010, 04:23

While it is nice that the staff make sure elo is constantly evolving, I believe their time would much better spent upon improving the creativity of the new bloods cards. Over the last year very few unique, new and interesting cards have been created. While it is nice to have some cards that are similar the amount of 6/6 four star cards or 7/6 five star cards has become astounding. If the staff want to support the continued growth of this game it needs to be by creating new, interesting and balanced cards.
55/127
Edon EG - Imperator Română
Wednesday 09/06/2010, 07:57

So if you unban Jackie you ban other staples?
So they can be like:
*Oh look,we unbanned Jackie*
*Nice...but we can't use her*
*So?That's what you wanted*
*Yeah ,but...*
*No but's*

And let's just say we have Uppers as primary ELO clan...but no Jackie...does that mean we are screwed for the week?
56/127
Grabash - Veteran English
Thursday 10/06/2010, 21:41

"I would love to see this. Top 20 cards of elo are tallied for the week. a random 1/4th of the cards are banned for the next week and a random 1/4 of those cards are banned for 2 weeks. This would be on top of the players voting too."

One thumb up for that idea and the other for the possible evolution of the ELO mode!

For starters - I'm an average player, that can achieve a ~1200 score in a week regardless the bannings. I play with a mono clan that is considered weak by the majority of players. Maybe I could do better, maybe I couldn't, but I'm not even bothered to try, I'm glad that i get my 5 credits a week, some clintz in the process and I have a low chance to get a rare card. Why? Because I constantly play the same deck, rarely throw one or two "stop" cards just to throw them out 2 fights later. And, what is far worse, I constantly FACE the same decks! I get a feeling, that there is a list of 20 presets somewhere out there for people to choose their ELO deck from. I want to hug a player that surprised me with a rarely seen deck.

I'm fully aware, that there will always be "a good deck to play this week" and a "bad deck to play this week". But these would actually change EVERY week and that would be very cool.

And just an idea about the banning system - Maybe a randomized one would be better (look: first sentence)? Maybe the whole voting is the reason that ELO is so stagnant.

Peace!
57/127
Zhudac - Hero English
Friday 11/06/2010, 06:50

Um... Hasn't this change already come to pass? And btw, get to 1300+ ELO. You'll see more unique and interesting decks.
58/127
0 3MiN3M - Novice English
Friday 11/06/2010, 08:48

@Wattz, post number 36: I know how to play the game. And as for young, check out my profile and see how long I've been playing.
59/127
bazo0kajoe - Imperator - Pinoy Locals English
Friday 11/06/2010, 08:50

I think elo was fun. But with constant addition of new cards the game keeps evolving, thus, making the system outdated. Players pretty much can expect what decks would dominate depending on the bans for that week. It's either they go with the flow or construct a deck specifically to counter those cards. But the new players will have trouble as they pretty know less than 20% of what all the cards do.

I do agree for the change of the banning system. It has become pretty boring having to switch between 2 or 3 decks for elo. And I think huge guilds do make an impact on the bans for most players don't even use their votes.
60/127
Fanta Pants - Guru - aussie crusaders English
Friday 11/06/2010, 09:50

I as a rule don't buy creadits if i have to cahnge my deck every week i will be flat out proke in short this idea isn't good and could destroy people.

« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals