Some change in ELO mode
Friday 04/06/2010, 15:19
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
127 messages
Some change in ELO mode
Euzebe - Legend English - Friday 04/06/2010, 15:19

Hello all,

We are aware that the ELO mode is not particularly satisfying as it is right now. Until now we had the will to staff ban as little cards as possible, only those which seemed really too strong according to us. We used to count on your votes to bring more diversity in ELO decks.

We will change this system.

We Don’t know how it will evolve yet but we worked quite a lot on it already. It will take some time before these changes will be released (not too much, you won’t wait for years Don’t worry ). The only thing I can tell you is that we’ll do what we think is consistent and efficient to give more diversity and fun to this mode.

There won’t be big changes in the game mode. Changes will be more on the cards ban system. We will handle staff bans with a complete different policy. Forget about «the strongest cards are banned forever». But there will be more banned cards, for a shorter duration and not only the strongest cards. As I said previously, our goal is : diversity and fun.

I’m sure you’ll like it
« Previous12...678910111213Next »

81/127
Lost_YDG - Master English
Sunday 13/06/2010, 04:14

I feel that maybe we should make an ELO 2 for the more competitive players that has the big 5 unbanned but has the support cards banned. The stuff that makes them easily OP. Without a supporting Deck the big 5 are just cards. Every card in this game is equally powerful it just depends on the deck you use them in. If you have 0 deck building skill the Big 5 are useless. You can have all the cards in the world but without skill they are useless.
82/127
6SimS-Sven - Guru - UTOPiA English
Sunday 13/06/2010, 05:21

THIS IS GOOD, i want jackie back
83/127
Mr Intelijent - Hero - D-Versified English
Monday 14/06/2010, 03:45

THIS IS GOOD,i want GraksmxxT back
84/127
MarcoPugliesi - Novice Português
Monday 14/06/2010, 17:28

The only thing I see is that some new cards should be perma-banned, so that the ELO mode gets a bit better. Cards like Caelus are getting 20% votes to be banned...
85/127
Chirus - Guru - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 14/06/2010, 21:12

In many games that have established elo-point systems (such as soccer, chess, etc.) they have established solid rules on the determination of points. The only variable with which points are awarded are usually based on skillful, lawful play. If the rules of the game themselves were unstable and changing frequently and drastically, it wouldn't be an accurate estimate of how well a person plays, but rather how lucky he gets in any given game based on what wild card rule happens to be in effect at that moment.

Understandably, this game is centralized on luck and chance, but to have a game format called "Elo" would mean establishing rules that are as concrete as possible thereby honing in on as very few variables as possible with which to measure skill during competitive play.

If there are any adjustments to the elo system, it should be limited to the manipulation of banned cards, and nothing so drastic as shifting from t1 to t2 to some weird off the wall card format every week, or every two days, or whatever you guys are having in mind.
86/127
deveris - Titan English
Tuesday 15/06/2010, 09:08

In earlier posts,I was trying to defend others that like Elo mode that don't have the cards I do. I understand I have the cards, but I just don't have the time to play. I come from an old history of competitive MTG ( magic the gathering) play , and maybe its just the simple fact that I would like the game to be more in depth, and less luck of the draw. I feel like this is becoming a company profit game change more then anything else, and i understand that on a company aspect, but it does suck in general for players.
87/127
deveris - Titan English
Tuesday 15/06/2010, 09:13

Don't get me wrong it is great that you all get players involved as much as possible, and that is a big step. Ultimately it will be the companies decision, and there is no way to beat that. I do thank you all for the consideration of your players.
88/127
Vinyl-Scratch - Titan - D-Versified English
Tuesday 15/06/2010, 14:16

Is it just me or did ELO mode change to this
Your Deck cannot contain fewer than 8 characters.
The sum of the character levels in your Deck must not exceed 25.
Your Deck must not contain the 15 following Clans: La Junta, Jungo, All Stars, Nightmare, Piranas, Rescue, Roots, Bangers, Pussycats, Ulu Watu, Sentinel, Sakrohm, Freaks, Montana, Uppers.
Your Deck cannot contain the following 7 Character(s): Striker, Caelus, Shakra, Sledg, Morphun, Ghumbo, Sylth.
Your Deck cannot contain characters banned by staff in the ELO mode.
Your Deck cannot contain any double characters.

for like 5 mins. What happened
89/127
0 Anderson - Titan - UTOPiA English
Tuesday 15/06/2010, 15:18

@lost one.
To some degree... Not all cards are equal and if your figuritvely speaking, fine. But you won't be seeing many wins with Tshern Mathew Mort Bax and Angelina.

As for " there will be only small changes", if your considering letting the big 5 in, that seems like a big change to me... If things are gonna change drastically like this, why don't you just make a new game format??? Isn't this ruining the strategic aspects in ELO with the ban system?
90/127
Puddin Tame - Guru English
Tuesday 15/06/2010, 18:32

I hope Jackie and GraksmxxT never see the light of day in ELO. (I can't tell if 6SimS-Sven and KONSALEGEND are being sarcastic or not) Luckily, I think having then unbanned would probably go against the Staff's goal of diversity. I am guessing even if they banned the entire Uppers and Sakrohm clans, Jackie and GraksmxxT would still be used as spash cards by basically player who has enough clintz.

« Previous12...678910111213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals