Wednesday 04/08/2010, 02:17
Krahhl - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
10 messages
GHEIST/Nightmare
Krahhl - Veteran English - Wednesday 04/08/2010, 02:17

My previous deck was
Arkn, Leviatonn, Methane, Bristone, Pan, Azgroth, Glorg, Phyllis
However, with the ban on Leviatonn and Bristone, I decided to replace them with Dolly and Luba. Are these the best cards to use? Possibly Z3r0 D34d and Anibal?

Should I forget GHEIST and go mono Nightmare? Something like the cards mentioned above and Mawpin, Azel, Dieter and Sargh? Though since I already have Glorg, Dieter may be limited in usefulness. Sargh also only has three damage. Should I drop one of them and add Nerfeniti for the DR? Or maybe take Eadh and replace Azel/Azgroth with a five star?

Please give feedback!

2/10
Somedutch - Guru English
Wednesday 04/08/2010, 13:01

I'm actually using this combo for this weeks elo as well. I find that this is working pretty well for me so far.
deleted

Not terribly far off of your old deck, just shifting out the new elo bans.
3/10
Somedutch - Guru English
Thursday 05/08/2010, 00:27

Scratch that, here is what I'm actually using
Imaginary Enemy

Both work, it's just up to preference
4/10
Krahhl - Veteran English
Thursday 05/08/2010, 01:25

Both of those decks look pretty good. However, I prefer not to use Wardom. His revenge ability makes him a bit predictable and if you don't draw him, that's a lot of power lost. My revised lineup is

Anibal, Arkn, Draheera, Methane, Glorg, Mawpin, Pan, Phyllis

Draheera is a bit unstable as this is not a mono deck, but she'll average a decent 7 power. Mawpin's ability makes her more situational than Eadh, but she does better against attack/power manipulators such as Lea and Tula and has one more damage. Everything else seems okay. Although I have not played in 1200+ elo, so I don't know if different strategies must be used against better players..

Also, is there no way to save a preset without actually owning the cards?
5/10
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Thursday 05/08/2010, 02:33

I'd avoid half deck Draheera as much as you can. Wardom is going to score you much more overall power than she will, and his potential for 8 damage is a lot better than her constant 6.

And no, you need to own the cards Krahhl.

Somdutch's second preset is the strongest mentioned in the thread so far, imo. Although I'd consider Phyllis over Eadh.
6/10
Krahhl - Veteran English
Thursday 05/08/2010, 03:44

But Anibal's constant 6 damage is better than Z3r0 D34d's less-than-constant 4? Though speaking of him failing to SOA, Anibal and Draheera would fail harder. So I should rethink that. I suppose I'll need to wait until I get the cards and try them before I would know what works the best.
Thanks for the help then.
7/10
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Thursday 05/08/2010, 05:19

Well, both are workable. And if it's doing well for you, who am I to argue?

I just think the maths works out in favour of my suggestion. But the maths isn't the only factor.
8/10
cnetboss - Guru - UrbanisTaZ! English
Thursday 05/08/2010, 09:38

I'm using Arkn, Astrid, Methane and Z3r0De4D for GHEIST and Diether, Glorg, Sheitane and Vince for Nightmare
9/10
Somedutch - Guru English
Thursday 05/08/2010, 13:27

Krahhl, regarding your suggestion earlier, I like the idea of it, but I'm going to have to agree with shadowcouncil in the fact that you don't want to have Draheera in a half deck. I would actually suggest ditching her for a GHEIST 3* so you can bring in Sargh to replace a Nightmare 2* of your choice. As for Nightmare 2*s, Phyllis is probably my least favorite of the bunch. Personally I'm a Mawpin lover, but I also hate using two revenge based abilities in the same deck.
10/10
Krahhl - Veteran English
Thursday 05/08/2010, 14:55

I considered replacing Draheera with Wardom and Pan with Eadh, but that seems a bit too imbalanced and three revenge abilities doesn't look good. Although Anibal and Wardom can still function without it, just not to their full potential.

With Bristone and Leviatonn banned, the rest of the GHEIST three stars aren't all that great. I think Wardom and Z3r0 D34d would make a better combo than any three star and Anibal.

For Nightmare two stars, Phyllis, Mawpin, and Eadh are all good choices for different situations. Eadh is probably the most versatile, but I like Phyllis the most.

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals