Clan Summary for new Elo

Clan Summary for new Elo
Thursday 05/08/2010, 17:56
redeemeraz - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
8 messages
Clan Summary for new Elo
redeemeraz - Veteran English - Thursday 05/08/2010, 17:56

Looking for a brief summary of all the clans and how they do in Elo. I'm new to Elo mode, and looking to start a new deck/clan, but Id rather not spend the Clintz on a subpar clan.

Thanks!

2/8
DrTravelerLoA - Master - Legends of America English
Thursday 05/08/2010, 20:25

You'll want others to get into this too, but a short summary of some good clans I'd suggest due to cost and strength in the meta game. All of the clans below can be played for reasonable clintz investments. Cost for the deck I use in ELO after the description:

Rescue: High attack bonuses combined with damage reduction, some life gain, and some Stop Opp. Bonus make them a solid choice for players looking to get up to 1200 in ELO or higher. Be careful as they'll face a lot of bans next week. (27710)

Piranas: The clan bonus Stop Opp. Bonus allows them to act as a spoiler against many clans. Piranas is nearly always a good meta choice in any situation. Piranas big strength is in pillz manipulation, backed by various tricks. (11963)

Skeelz: Skeelz can be either very good, or very bad, depending on the field for the week. Skeelz struggle against attack manipulation clans like Rescue and Montana, but shine against SoB clans like Piranas and Nightmare and SoA clans like GHEIST and Roots. Skeelz boast high power scores (it is possible to build decks where 6 of the 8 cards have 8+ power), and some solid tricks to back up the high power. (2965

Roots One of the Stop Opp. Ability clans. Roots has solid attack manipulation backed by solid damage absorption. SoA together with your own attack manipulation gives an edge against any clan without attack manipulation, and allows you to take on clans with high attack manipulation with smart plays. (9536)

Hope that helps.
3/8
Bellazza - Senior English
Saturday 07/08/2010, 03:05

Thats Some good Advice I use La Junta Mono and if I feel like a change I use my Montana Mono Havent tried them in Half decks I wouldnt know how to...
4/8
DrTravelerLoA - Master - Legends of America English
Saturday 07/08/2010, 04:20

La Junta mono is a pretty commonly underestimated deck. You can build them with lots of attack and power manipulation, or with damage reduction to let you "rope a dope.". The big thing with La Junta is that unless you draw absolutely terrible or are facing SoB you can almost always 2hko, which unnerves opponents.

I'm not the guy to talk about when it comes to half decks though. I have a hard time making half decks other than Roots and Piranas. I have some success with Ulu Watu halves but...
5/8
Jesuela - Titan English
Saturday 07/08/2010, 05:05

Solid Skeelz Deck are good too.. and Junkz / Roots
6/8
Ouroboros-WMD - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Saturday 07/08/2010, 05:14

Montana can work half deck but La Junta is much better mono. La Junta guarantees no decks is without 2HKO.

http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1428089

My DT deck Junta. Change a few things (Thormund over Dean) and you might do well at a basic level.
7/8
owButtacup Ld - Veteran - ONE WORLD English
Saturday 07/08/2010, 05:21

To continue for Roots since I really like playing with the clan.

With the ban of Noodile, players are finding the best replacements for her. One is Jeena. At around, 1200 elo is when ur facing alot of Roots half decks, since so much players get that high with a Roots deck. At at that area, the normal deck is Arno, Yookie, Rico and Lou. Sometimes, Lou is replaced by Jeena. Combinations like that are backed up by cards with solid damage. VERY SOLID DAMAGE. With the Roots side having solid power and DR's (as seen from averag Roots decks) Players can win once with Rico and throw in a card that has 6-8 damage and let their drs finish the Jobs.

Basic Roots Strategy:
Use Rico with 3-5 pillz.
Use the rest with Lou (If they have the card) or a card with 6-8 damage.

Variations:
Use Lou with 3-4 pillz.
Use Rico with 8-7 pillz.

Roots rely heavily on 2 hitters becuz of their low damage to par.

Conclusion:
Roots this week and the next can easily compete with other clans. Very versatile since decks can be edited to counter other clans. Rico and Yookie are staple cards, possibly Arno.

cost to make half deck.
2000 clintz (how much it cost me) - 9000 (with Arno and Lou)

Kills what clans this week.
Piranas: (Half the time, Piranas have pill manips but most dekcs use Tyd Ulrich Tula and a third card in a deck
All Stars: High power
Montana: high power with attack manip
Vortex: they rely on their abilities
other clans that are dependent on their abilities and have 6-7 power.

thanks mods.
8/8
rejoin - Guru - DUNYAP-U-B-DRAGONSB-H_A_K_A_N Deutsch
Saturday 07/08/2010, 09:53

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals