PLZ HELP ME get to 1200

PLZ HELP ME get to 1200
Tuesday 10/08/2010, 19:54
HaNaGiS - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
11 messages
PLZ HELP ME get to 1200
HaNaGiS - Titan - CaNaDiAn kRoNikSEnglish - Tuesday 10/08/2010, 19:54

I really would love to get a chance to get up to 1200 in elo...
but i just cant seem to get past 1000 and its not like i dont win.
ive beaten a bunch of deathmatch's
ive place in the top 100 in DT...
but i just cant figure out how to succeed in ELO...
Pls Give me advice on what deck to use & who to try not to.
And if u can suggest on how i should use them.
i would just love to have a chance at getting 5 credits 1ce... haha
or mayb im just still inexperienced at Elo and im not sure how to get up there...
Pls Help Me.
let me know evrything that u experienced players know.
or if ur not to good and know some1 that is pls let them know about my post and c if they can help...

Plz Pm Me Stating That U left a Post On the Board so i can c it right away.
The sooner i get help The Sooner I have A Chance

Thanks Mods
&
Thank Yous
« Previous12Next »

2/11
Krahhl - Veteran English
Tuesday 10/08/2010, 22:50

If you want to figure out how to succeed, you should first figure out why you aren't succeeding. Watch what mistakes you make while you play and adjust accordingly.

Often, it is just luck. You will never know for sure how many pillz you need to win until you have already decided. It also depends on who you are matched up against. Early in the week, everyone is around 1000, so you may have to fight someone who easily gets over 1300. Other times, you may be against a noob and win without using a single pill (it has happened, he wasted all his pillz on a KO forgetting I had a DR and I won easily after).

There is no way to teach you everything. Not even the most experienced players can win every match. All you can do is keep playing, over time you will learn what to do in certain situations. Even then, your opponent may do something unexpected and leave you with a loss.

Also, what cards are you using? A bad deck will not help the case.
3/11
Snowman LoA - Senior - Legends of America English
Wednesday 11/08/2010, 00:11

What type deck are you using
4/11
LB_Un67 - Imperator English
Wednesday 11/08/2010, 03:48

Also important is confidence. Yes I know this sounds like something moms say to their children but it's really true. You can only play as well as you think you can. Of course, this is no excuse to grow a huge ego, but if you think you're a smart player and can play well, then you will. If you think you are a noob and you suck at elo, then you will. Learn and adapt is the best strategy. Eventually the decks will come to you instead of you coming to them.
5/11
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Wednesday 11/08/2010, 06:24

HaNaGiS take some baby steps... aim for 1100 first before 1200.

get comfortable in 1100 and the work your way up to higher goals as weeks progress. eventually you will find getting to 1300 to be quite easy.

you have a big enough collection that you should be able to get good ELO scores most weeks

playing conservative is usually better than playing aggressive in ELO (obviously depends on the hands) but generally aggressive players often get punished hard in later rounds.

keep an eye out for games that you have locked in for a 100% win. at first this is hard to see... but eventually you will see that by round 3 a lot of games are already won, it all depends on how you pill. dont lose these games. you will then start to see that some games are already over right after round 1.... a bit harder to spot, but again, these games are out there --- try not to lose these ones either

there are also games that are basically 50-50 coin flips.. a round three play --- where it is either a bluff KO attempt or a real KO attempt... DONT BOTHER wasting any time thinking about this. It always amazes me to see people taking their time in situations like this. none of us are psychic. It is either a real attack or a fake one... no amount of thinking changes what your opponent did.... if you get it right it because you guessed right (it doesnt mean you are good, it doesnt mean you are bad). Put these kinds of games behind you and just hope you win 50%+ of them.

Finally.... play as many of the clans as possible. This is something that can only come from experience. You may know that cards, you may understand the cards, but until you play them... you dont really know how they deck plays.

So when you get frustrated cause you are constantly having a hard time vs mono Clan X or split deck Clans X/Y. Play those decks that are causing you problems.... soon you will see what kind of problems those decks face. Once you understand what each kind of deck has problems with, you will know how to play against them.

goodluck. and trust that you will improve.... everyone starts new in ELO at some point. winning 50% of your games in ELO is enough to get you 1200... but dont aim for that... aim big and cruise to 1200 (or higher) ELO in style by getting there in very few games (very few losses)
6/11
Rain-Teller - Imperator - Organized Konfusion English
Wednesday 11/08/2010, 16:15

Lots of good advices here.

I would add: mind your hunch. And have lots of fun. If you play outrageously uniquely but lose it doesn't hurt as much. And when you win, oh boy, it tastes good
7/11
rejoin - Guru - DUNYAP-U-B-DRAGONSB-H_A_K_A_N Deutsch
Wednesday 11/08/2010, 20:08

8/11
HaNaGiS - Titan - CaNaDiAn kRoNikS English
Thursday 12/08/2010, 22:19

Thanks Alot Waster of Time Its alot of good advice... i like how u say to play the clans i have trouble with to figure out what they have trouble with it makes alot of sence... Thanks Alot
9/11
Friday 13/08/2010, 02:11

Thank U Waster of Time im At 1090 for the first time ever... not saying im gonna finish there but im doing alot better now then ever so thank u alot
10/11
Friday 13/08/2010, 02:28

I just Finally Got to 1100 for the first time Thank U evry1

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals