The importance of collecting and playing each clan in new ELO

Thursday 12/08/2010, 21:59
wasteroftime - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
1 message
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open CasketEnglish - Thursday 12/08/2010, 21:59

As everyone is aware, new bans have happened. And i imagine that bannings will continue. The combination of staff bans and player bans should see some changes in deck and clan options. If this continues, the importance of collecting as many of the clans as possible and being experienced in playing each clan will continue to increase.

selling and buying a new ELO deck each week becomes more of a chore if the bans are constantly rotated.
So the solution is to collect and play

Play as many different clans and clan combinations that you existing collection allows (use Survivor ELO if you want to protect your current ELO score)

There is no replacement for experience. You may understand the bonus/ability of a card or clan. You may have played against a given card/clan and are quite familiar with it. You may have read the card reviews. You may have imagined different scenarios on how the card would combo with other card. But nothing replaces the experience you will have when using that card and going through all the thought process.... if i play this first, he will counter with this, or i want to play this card but i need to make sure it avoids being matched up vs a certain opponents card... and so on.

For example, ive played vs Vortex a few times, i understand the bonus, i understand the abilities, but ive never played a votex half deck or full deck yet. As a result my understanding of Vortex and how they actually work is a bit limited. So although i can do well vs decks with Vortex. im sure i would do better if i played Vortex.

When you play the certain deck/card it allows you to have first hand experience of what specific matchups they are strong against, and what specific matchups they will struggle against. The better you are with a given deck, the better you will be at facing and beating the same deck.

And finally, once you are familiar and quite good a using the clans that are in your collection... the better prepared you will be a putting together good ELO decks regardless of what cards/clans are allowed... and you will be able to beat a lot of players who are not as prepared as you are.

enjoy

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals