Smokey CR

Smokey CR
Tuesday 20/07/2010, 14:21
UmExcuseMe - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
71 messages
Smokey CR
UmExcuseMe - Imperator English - Tuesday 20/07/2010, 14:21

...is the 5th most popular ELO card in the last 5 days. Does that strike anybody else as completely out of whack? ELO is supposed to be the most current format in the game, yet here's a CR costing over 27K clintz in the top 5.

Most people would agree that he's a staple in any Piranas deck, or even half deck. But he's a CR, so you can't get him in a pack. If you're a new player, you have to pay more than for any non-CR card in the game to get him on the market.

What this means is that Piranas, one of the strongest ELO clans, is now a lot less attractive to new players. That can't be good for UR.

-- signed, a wannabe Piranas player who registered after Smokey became CR
« Previous12345678Next »

2/71
-Wicer- - Moderator - Harbingers of Ares English
Tuesday 20/07/2010, 14:51

Smokey is a stable for Piranas and Piranas are a VERY hard clan to master because you must be able to know what your opponent played/will play to know how to put the right amount of pills on your character. Of course it is not an easy trick to preform hence they cost a lot of money.

Smokey Cr enters this as a good bluff/ card to counter bluffs and gain many pillz. So I would agree that he should be among the top 5 in ELO because he is one of the most staple cards in the game in my opinion. (although an 8 power would be better)
3/71
jojotehhead - Titan English
Tuesday 20/07/2010, 15:21

You should feel lucky that he's only 27k. Alec Cr, who was made a CR around the same time as Smokey Cr, is pushing 50k, and he's perma banned. The fact of the matter is that as long as people are willing to buy him for 27k, people will keep selling him for 27k.
4/71
Zincomega - Titan English
Tuesday 20/07/2010, 16:17

Well, that's what UR gets when they make certain cards "collectors".
5/71
UmExcuseMe - Imperator English
Tuesday 20/07/2010, 17:47

@Wicer: Why would Piranas be expensive if they are hard to master? Wouldn't a difficult clan to play have cheaper cards? Unless of course you mean that they are a hard clan to play AGAINST, whereupon I agree with you.

I have no doubt that Smokey Cr is a very good card. I'm just saying that because he's a Cr, he's not (easily) accessible to new players.

@jojotehhead: Another difference is that Alec Cr is an uncommon, so there aren't as many of them around, which pushes up his price. Smokey Cr is in pretty much every Piranas deck I've ever seen that's played by anyone over level 35 or so - if he wasn't so common, he wouldn't be one of the top 5 most played cards.

Yes, as long as there are buyers at 27K, he'll be priced at 27K. That's because there is no other way to get him. But at that price he becomes an option only for the super rich, because he's more expensive than all the other non perma banned ELO cards in the game (so why would I play Piranas?). While I understand why he's priced that way, I wouldn't feel lucky that he's "only" 27K. Now, if I had started playing UR a year earlier and picked up 3 or 4 Smokeys, THEN I would feel lucky.
6/71
vexedvox - Titan English
Tuesday 20/07/2010, 20:34

That's just what happens when cards go CR, someone is always going to just barley miss the boat. In a year or so he'll be seen a bit less since people who have him will stop playing and newer players won't have him. Also, the longer you play, the richer you get. I remeber when 27k was alot to me, but once you actually build a decent collection you quit buying cards as often and the clintz kind of pile up.
7/71
All-GioYNWA - Novice Português
Tuesday 20/07/2010, 21:24

Smokey is a pretty cheap Cr, at least...because he used to be a common (I bought him for 1.3k). And Alec used to cost 5k at the time Smokey was released, and he wasn't a common like Smokey...that's why he is way more expensive.

But wanna see something worst? The best 2* card for Fang Pi Clan costs 650k, and Fang Pi Clan are considered to be one of the worst ELO clans nowadays. If Marlysa Cr had a more decent price, the clan would be better and more people would use it.
It just happens to be that way, we can't do anything about it
8/71
St3f - Guru ελληνικά
Tuesday 20/07/2010, 22:11

How do you know that?
9/71
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Tuesday 20/07/2010, 22:17

Smokey is popular this week (piranhas and Skeelz are both popular) because people are expecting to face a lot of Roots. thats how the game goes.... decks will change as different cards get banned
10/71
-Wicer- - Moderator - Harbingers of Ares English
Wednesday 21/07/2010, 04:16

I mean that cards that should be worth more are less i.e Dalhia an 8/5 with -3 opp pillz min 4. First of all that ability is powerful and would be worth a heck of a lot more if you would put it in an easy clan to use like All Stars or Roots. But Dalhia is in Piranas and she could be used to bluff or to attack and her stats are still powerful.

Sting: Courage: +3 power 7/4 hovering around 1k. a 10/4 and 10/6 with fury. However you put that in Skeelz and it will go up in price.

The 2 SoB/SoA cards cost under 400 and they are usable. Leviatonn hovers around 7-9k and Glorg is about 6-7k. Kristin whom has good stats is worth a mere 400.

Hawkins: I agree with his price but he is worth it. Bluff/attacker. Quite usable but he does minimal damage.

If you had the same exact card in say Sentinels it would probably be worth more.

Now don't you think that many good cards are under priced in Piranas. I mean look at the prices. 100-1200 (most cards) a few in the 1300-2k spot and then it is 5k and 7k and 11k then smokey at 27-28k. The clan together costs a small amount and Smokey is what really brings the price up. So I'd say that Piranas are underpriced because they are hard to master.

Card averages ATM of this post for Piranas: 2557.55 (with Smokey)
1649 (without Smokey)

That is relatively low. So I think that Piranas do cost a reasonably low price. The whole clan is 74k and 47k (no Smokey)

Smokey was only 1700 before CR predictions started. He is inaccessible to beginners...

« Previous12345678Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals