The New Elo Mode

The New Elo Mode
Saturday 31/07/2010, 18:01
Ardiyna - Master English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
36 messages
The New Elo Mode
Ardiyna - Master English - Saturday 31/07/2010, 18:01

There going to be some serious changes too elo as showned here http://www.urban-rivals.com/community/forum/?mode=viewsubject&forum_page=0&id_subject=1524773

how would this effect your strategy i want to see your opinions below

well my opinion is i don't care it dint affect me anyways i can easily make a strong Skeelz/montanas and get 1300 with ease just look at this Redra , chiara , Tomas and Liam 12 stars Skeelz half deck with Mona , Ottavia , edd and Sharon 13 stars you cant tell me that deck is weak alot of people are getting pissed there just over reacting that will just force them too stop using mono and think of half deck options Fpc and Freaks still wont be usible i tried both of them it was nearly impossible to get too 1200 elo i kept pushing with no luck even mono Skeelz can get that high with ease and they dont even have a bonus Freaks are pretty solid thay just need a better 2 and 3 stars.

so my theory is montanas , Bangers , Nightmare and Skeelz and La Junta will dominate with there clans at there lowest the reign of GHEIST and Roots domination is over so players instead whining start building decks around the meta or play deathmatch Type 1 and dialy tournaments instead besides there more rewarding.

-PsychoGear-
« Previous1234Next »

2/36
DrTravelerLoA - Master - Legends of America English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 21:35

Roots came off pretty nice actually. At the 3 star level you still have Yookie, Rico, Naihri Cr, and Gertjan. Losing Noodile only really hurts against GHEIST.

I think that Bangers will probably draw a lot of votes for bans along with Nightmare. I think that the era of SoB clans is coming to an end very very soon.

What will be interesting is the decks that people make for the clans people have "written off". There's still a lot of potential for All Stars and Piranas. I think that Sentinels and Montana are probably screwed a lot more than folks realize. With Copper likely to draw a ban by votes, there's literally no reason to play those clans.

I'm very curious to see where it all ends up. I think its likely that a lot of the cards that were banned in the list will stay out. A few staples might get back in.
3/36
calvin_0 - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 23:22

Good bye Spiaghi welcome back Ricardo

atleast Mona is still in.
4/36
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Sunday 01/08/2010, 06:28

"I think that the era of SoB clans is coming to an end very very soon."

Not at all.

Oshitsune, Azgroth, Glorg, Pan, Sargh, Mawpin, Phyllis, Eadh.

Too many decent cards to ban enough to kill the clan's half deck potential. They're going to remain one of the strongest half deck builders.

I'm pretty sure we'll see Oshitsune go, but I doubt the rest will be affected.

Piranas are till extremely viable, too: Taljion's Slightly Lesser Targe

Weaker than it used to be, but then so is everyone else.
5/36
Sunday 01/08/2010, 19:45

We will see about the SoB clans. Piranas is certainly still viable but I think in coming weeks Nightmare is likely to draw a lot of votes for bans. Oshitsune is likely to be practically a permanent ban as long as this list is in effect. Catching even on ban past the ninja would probably push them to half deck only.

As for Piranas: people will likely pass them by in the short term.

But we will see what happens.
6/36
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Sunday 01/08/2010, 21:03

Piranas will be strong still, so will Nightmare. Two reasons:

Vortex and Rescue.

And, as reasoned, even if Oshitsune goes the half deck potential for Nightmare is still very good.

And Mono Piranas can still be run with enough power, especially as clans like GHEIST and All Stars have taken such heavy blows.
7/36
Ardiyna - Master English
Sunday 01/08/2010, 22:26

Shadow i completely besides i might not play elo since i cant use my pussycatz no more i can make a half deck but few clans work well with Pussycats pussycats lost there only soa so it will take time to recover i hope they change there minds next week or urban rivals lost another mode......
8/36
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Sunday 01/08/2010, 23:44

Pussycats can still work with clans like Jungo, Freaks, and Vortex. They offer great synergy with them.

You might have to get a little more creative, but I think you'll be able to put something together that's workable.

Still, I agree. Some of the changes are just horrid.
9/36
Puddin Tame - Guru English
Monday 02/08/2010, 04:32

Freaks and Pussycats is quite good. It has gotten me to 1300 quite a few times. Of course, I used to use Yayoi in that combination but, I think Ditha, Brittany, Feelyn and Noemi, could be a great half deck along side the Freaks.

I am kinda excited to see what it will be like in the new elo. It is so hard to tell what kinds of decks one might face.
10/36
Monday 02/08/2010, 04:59

Some quick notes.

The ELO hasn't incorporated the new staff bans as of right now. Even without those bans in place my new ELO All Stars (http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1421258&list) didn't embarrass me.

I don't think that All Stars are as dead as folks think they are. It is probably possible to go to 1200 with them.

« Previous1234Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals