Is All Stars Invincible?

Is All Stars Invincible?
Thursday 03/06/2010, 07:42
UmExcuseMe - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
92 messages
Is All Stars Invincible?
UmExcuseMe - Imperator English - Thursday 03/06/2010, 07:42

Their -2 opp. power ability makes it just so powerful... Is there any REAL counter?

Seriously though, are there any decent clans or decks in ELO that have a consistent advantage over All Stars when Marina, Striker and Robb are all available? When you add in Eyrik, that's a massive -3 opp. power, and All Stars have cards with both high power (e.g., Marina, Jessie, Stacey, Robb with ability) and damage (e.g., Striker, Randy), and I'm not even talking about their 5* cards. Sure, there are decks that can compete on an even footing, but are there any that are better?
« Previous12345678910Next »

11/92
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Thursday 03/06/2010, 15:41

Are we talking purely mono deck here? thats not really the best measure
half decks are the norm for the most part. and a half deck of SOB and attack manip will have a strong edge over All Stars.

in a mono situation, how many clans can really compete vs most of the decks out there? AS, Piranhas, Bangers, Rescue..... after that.... most mono builds start to suffer from gaps in their roster.

finally dont do the match ups as if the player with using AS will dictate what match ups will happen.... if you go first, you are not in control of the match ups.
12/92
XC Bangor - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Thursday 03/06/2010, 16:13

This week in ELO they are

nightamare are almost unplayable without Ghumbo and just Oshitsune
Piranas are going to get countered by Skeelz
and Skeelz aren't too strong vs allstars.
13/92
XC Bangor - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Thursday 03/06/2010, 16:16

The only thing i can see that will stand a chance vs them in higher tier ELO is Bangers and Junkz
14/92
SoPunny-Zack - Veteran - Time Conquers All English
Thursday 03/06/2010, 16:38

All Stars are indeed a powerful clan, but no clan is ultimate. There are plenty of clans that can beat them, just don't only look at the bonus. Look at the abilities too
15/92
8H D-Sparky - Imperator English
Thursday 03/06/2010, 17:16

Ive had about 40 matches in elo this week

35 of them have been All Stars and its really annoying me

the only time i beat them is if i get Hugo and 3 Montana,s

they are un counterable
16/92
Thursday 03/06/2010, 18:06

Meh, was one of them me?
17/92
UmExcuseMe - Imperator English
Thursday 03/06/2010, 18:53

@wasteroftime:
Hmm, half SOB and half attack manip sounds like a reasonable idea. I may fiddle around with Piranas-Sakrohm. Not sure such a deck would have a "strong edge" over AS, but it's worth trying out.

As for doing match ups as if the AS player determines the match ups, well, everyone else did it first! That's actually part of my point. Yes, if you get to determine the match ups, you can have an advantage over AS. However, it's also possible that the AS player determines the match ups. So my question can be approximately rephrased as: is there a good deck that dominates AS even if AS goes second? I can't think of one, mono or mixed clan. Possibly a good Hugo + attack/power manip draw would do it, but for the other half of the games where you don't draw Hugo, I suspect AS would have the edge.

@END_Zack

I'm not just looking at the bonus. Heck, I'm not even just looking at the bonus and abilities. I'm looking at the fact that AS has an excellent bonus, excellent abilities (Marina DR, Striker SOA, Robb -3 opp. power), solid damage (Striker, Randy, Marina), and solid power even without bonus (Marina 7, Jessie 7, Robb and Stacey virtual . And not one of the cards I've mentioned is a 5*.

Basically, I'm hoping that I'm missing something. The clans in UR is supposed to have a rock-paper-scissors relationship, right? So what's the paper to the All Stars rock?
18/92
Thursday 03/06/2010, 19:07

...Good point. Maybe the new clan could be the All Stars' paper?
19/92
Hula_Daisy - Colossus - Immortality English
Thursday 03/06/2010, 23:12

When Teamed up With Eyrik All Stars can be really tricky to beat and you need to rely on Piranas, Nightmare and any other character with an SoB ability like Lea,Lehane,Tomas,Edd
20/92
St3f - Guru ελληνικά
Saturday 05/06/2010, 12:23

Yes they are op. But their characters aren't so overpowered to be permabanned. The work as a team and take everything else down with an ease.

« Previous12345678910Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals