Mono freaks in elo

Mono Freaks in elo
Monday 21/06/2010, 16:02
HighFidelity - Legend Deutsch

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
15 messages
Mono freaks in elo
HighFidelity - Legend - Open CasketDeutsch - Monday 21/06/2010, 16:02

I made the following preset:http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1346570&list

i think it's pretty good for a Freaks mono without Splata Cr and i'm trying it this week in elo, but my question:

do Freaks actually stand a chance and if not what would they need to become elo competitive
« Previous12Next »

2/15
8H D-Sparky - Imperator English
Monday 21/06/2010, 19:32

They need a new bonus
3/15
Pistolshrimp - Guru English
Monday 21/06/2010, 21:01

I actually want to use Freaks in elo.... I don't know how to consistently get through the attack boosting/power manipulator clans though. They seem pretty predictable too, generally wanting to get through on the first turn. If you can find a good way to do well with them i'd love to know.
4/15
Brusque - Hero English
Monday 21/06/2010, 21:16

I am a Freaks lover, and i believe that what they need is not a new bonus, but one VERY amazing card that is two stars. emerelda, Hula, and Harleen are okay, but if they had a beast, i would be set to do mono.
5/15
HighFidelity - Legend - Open Casket Deutsch
Monday 21/06/2010, 23:11

Actually the biggest problems I had in testing it was against Nightmare/Piranas. Without their bonus their damage is generally lacking quite a bit. And SoA weakens them more than i thought, as their bonus is only usefull one time. But yeah right now I guess I'm playing pretty predictable.

One thing Freaks need imho is a good damage reducer, maybe a protect:bonus with good stats and maybe a useful sob or +life card. I think they lack cards to support their poison ability in a way Jungo and Sakrohm support Sylth and Sigma.
6/15
Endracer - Guru Español
Tuesday 22/06/2010, 00:06

Butterfly Circus (ELO) I did this preset a while ago... and Eklore actually has sinergy with Freaks... because most opponents will try to get to 5 pillz in the first 2 rounds, so that should give you a good advantage, plus eklore's damage are algo helpful and 2 dmg reducers that are Wolfgang and Spiaghi to prevent getting so much dmg
7/15
Lost_YDG - Master English
Tuesday 22/06/2010, 00:14

Use Spiaghi
8/15
HighFidelity - Legend - Open Casket Deutsch
Tuesday 22/06/2010, 01:12

Yeah i fugured that much, but I think Freaks should get their own Spiaghi, he would have a surprise poison possibility
9/15
rejoin - Guru - DUNYAP-U-B-DRAGONSB-H_A_K_A_N Deutsch
Friday 25/06/2010, 03:38

http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1353779
putting in Spiaghi and Uranus as substitute reducers works well too =) just remeber that the strategy usually isn't KOing the opponet, but instead beating cards that would deal high damage. Poisons gonna sink in then sooner or later and the DRs can keep u above 3 live.
You can easily put 8 pills into Baldovino at the first round. Even if ur opponet doesnt counter with any pills at all, if poison gets through and u got a bunch of reducers in ur hand, u have pretty good chance to win. Let life gainers get through, they usually just make poison do even more damage.
10/15
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Friday 25/06/2010, 13:10

"do Freaks actually stand a chance and if not what would they need to become elo competitive"

In the Elo metagame, almost certainly not.

The very fact that they're almost never seen in Elo as a mono, and, in my experience, never above 1250e or so.

Honestly, their bonus just doesn't stand up in the context of modern UR, and I don't see how anything but imba OP abilities could give them the needed buff for a competitive chance in higher tier Elo.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals