Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

What do you guys do when the pressure starts?

Wednesday 19/05/2010, 01:06
RedPopsicle - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
12 messages
RedPopsicle - Veteran English - Wednesday 19/05/2010, 01:06

Whenever I start reaching 3 wins in a row, I keep thinking more and more about how I'm going to lose, until I eventually do. Taking a short break doesn't seem to help either because the pressure is still on my mind. I haven't been able to make it past 9 wins yet, but I would love some advice from people that know what they are doing to overcome this problem. If you want to, you can add some advice in general for success in Survivor mode too
The T2 deck I used to get to 9 wins:
Ambre
Rowdy
Gibson
Fuzz
Taham
Uranus
Petra
Graksxxmt
SkrumxxT

I know this deck has 9 cards in it, but I don't really like playing a 4-3-1 deck. But maybe I should man up and learn to play it if everyone else is getting good results with that style.
« Previous12Next »

2/12
TheTopHat - Veteran - Open Casket English
Wednesday 19/05/2010, 06:40

Pressure is not a problem for me in survivor.. elo has more pressure though..
all i'm thinking when playing survivor is just play,play,play and laugh on how my enemy moves in their turn.
and survivor? i'm not a fan of type 2.. i want elo rules.. here's my deck in survivor btw:
Welcome to Glenn
3/12
XC 1984 - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Wednesday 19/05/2010, 18:07

I don't have pressure because if i lose i know i will get annoyed
so i just try not to lose XD
If you feel pressured though like you face a good hand then just take your time, think of your possibilities and if you can't see a good move just play a safe bluffing move to try to give you the pill advantage next round.
If you have a bad opening round just remember there is up to 3 more rounds to play so there is still hope (just don't throw the game away...)

btw concerning 4-3-1
i know sometimes you will get bad splits but remember in t2 survivor it doesn't matter so much losing your bonus as the cards you are using are uber 5stars anyway so have strong base stats anyway.

with your deck:
Gibson to Peeler - Gibson while having the SOB+atk manipulation will make little impact on the game with the tiny 4 damage, also Peeler has the dual threat of DR and nuking damage )

Haze over Rowdy - Haze is better for survivor type 2 and she can compete pill for pill a lot of the time with the best and with Ambre behind her makes her monsterous. Just remember that Rowdy is very very strong when he has both his ability and bonus together. once one is lost he begins to break down vs some of the metagame giants in survivor T2.

know i would remove Petra from your Sakrohm half to make that half the support half.
you may also do what i do whereby i have the Sakrohm half of: trin, Uranus and graks which is strong but that half with skrum is equally as good

good luck to you
4/12
rogueSleipnir - Guru - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 27/05/2010, 17:04

It gets hard for me when i'm on round 6 (10-14) (i play T2)

having 2 less pillz, it's really hard when you mess up the first turn.
5/12
SadisticCynic - Hero English
Thursday 27/05/2010, 17:15

What i do when i am pressured? that's an easy question: i lose...
6/12
Mr Intelijent - Guru - D-Versified English
Saturday 29/05/2010, 00:26

7/12
Blue Teddy - Novice English
Sunday 27/06/2010, 09:58

I don't get pressured, it's just a game.
8/12
Cardz Ruler - Guru - D-Versified English
Sunday 27/06/2010, 10:52

Lol same here blue teddy (nice avi)......yesterday i played 12 battles in ELO only won 2 (yes im that bad) and i went from 1165 to 1085 ELO.....then later with the same deck i came back and won 7 out of 7 and got up to 1205 ELO. you just need to stop worrying about it.....there will always be players better than you and there's nothing you can do except practice.
9/12
Sir Penguin - Legend - Insanity Português
Sunday 27/06/2010, 13:02

The only place pressure affects me is ELO, mainly when i have like 9* in my hand and my opponent has a ridiculously strong hand. When that happens and i tie and still lose ELO points i just go downhill.
10/12
HyperSumthin - Imperator English
Monday 28/06/2010, 07:24

Just turn up my music.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals