The Shop turns over a new leaf!

Tuesday 08/06/2010, 11:06
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
308 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Tuesday 08/06/2010, 11:06

The Shop hasn’t changed in three years. It’s getting a facelift today.
Action, Cool attitude and Danger packs give way to three brand new revolutionary packs which allow you to choose which clans you’ll get in the pack. In the Classic pack, you’ll find 3 characters within 6 clans at your choice. In the Elite pack you’ll get three cards too but within 4 clans only. The Titanium pack goes further with its 30 characters within 4 clans at your choice without any doubles in.
More change : three other new packs appeared which allow you to buy Clintz so you can do your shopping in the Market directly (2000, 4000 or 10000 Clintz).
New Blood, Full Deck and Rainbow packs didn’t change et you can still find them in the Shop.
« Previous12...2425262728293031Next »

291/308
-Montrosity- - Titan - Lords of chao&.. English
Sunday 22/07/2012, 11:07

L'm not the one to complain about the packs like silver or gold because they have 8 cards. But before only having to earn 25 credits for elite made freeplay all the worthwhile.

I guess that is to encourage people to be overwhelmed by the dramatic increase from having to earn 25 to 50 credits and the promise for high value cards quicker to turn into credit buyers.

But who am l to complain when the staff don't even inform or say post "we are trialing changes, please provide feedback...".
292/308
lgeddie_1134 - Hero - wicked souls English
Sunday 22/07/2012, 11:33

I liked the old system way more. There aren't enough 20 credit packs any more. Give me classic back.......please
293/308
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Sunday 22/07/2012, 18:24

When contemplating the value of packs this was calculated on old packs - Fulldeck (Now renamed Silver) was clintz-per-credit second or third best performer. (Times when newbloods had many valuable cards newbloods could take 1st or second place, but mostly not either.).

Therefore values of packs have not dropped that dramatically/Not at all, but most imporatant caveat of new system is related to the new players who cannot steer their decks towards clans that interest them. They really have only one option left : Newbloods. If they buy newbloods they cannot make clintz effectively, thus any old staple is forever denied from them - or atleast until they can first build one strong deck and then get additional 50 creds+ lots of luck to get first old staple card.

We old players have had privilege of classic/elite/rainbow pack to score any card from this game for mere 20 credits, while this was not very fast it usually atleast game cards that you could play with occassionally.

Because current pack model really slows down deck making for noobs, they wont be able to make the missions for further credits effectively either, nor they are able to compete effectively for DT credits not to mention the ELO score. Basically the new pack model lays minefield that noobs have to cross slowly ... thats just absurd. Old players can always save up 50 credits and buy the silver, because we already have our decks up and can squeeze credits, so the clintz-faucet is still working for us.
294/308
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Sunday 22/07/2012, 18:28

The thing I disliked in the old system was cherrypicking - you could choose the most expensive clans, buy the pack and make money by that no-brainer way. Yes, I did it too, but I disiliked it simply because it made packs like rainbow totally irrelevant and made market very biased in clans, while not having supply on certain clans.... Cherrypicking should be more expensive, but not too expensive so noobs can afford it when they REALLY needs to select the clans for their deck improvement..... (Now it costs 495 credits to cherrypick, ok, no more cherrypicking...)
295/308
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Monday 23/07/2012, 01:22

@DeepEnd:
even with Cherry picking, it is still based on luck
when you Cherry pick of 4-6 clans, people will take that clans too (Vortex, Nightmare, Berzerk and Frozn are my fav right now)
if people pick the same clans as me, theoretically, that means price of these clans would go down (well, I might be wrong seeing the price keep getting higher and higher)

I don't think Cherry picking is bad, inflation and market manipulation are the bad ones

Cherry picking helps new players to play the game, whether by choosing expensive clans or clan that they like
they will be able to sell it or use the cards (and then they can play the "real UR"

====

now with silver (aka useless rainbow pack) it is so expensive 50 credits for 5 commons, 2 uncommons and 1 rare??
that's BS, remember 7 credits for 1 basic pack (3 commons)
basically you paid 12 credits for 5 commons 20 credits for 2 uncommons, and 18 credits for 1 rare
lol.. looks good?

now, 50 credits is CRAZY amount of credits
yes, you need to play Fifty daily tournaments
or, in 4 weeks: 4 LD missions and 2 DT
yup, that's how much work you need to do for 5 COMMONS, 2 UNCOMMONS and 1 rare (from 22 clans)

well, it will not change anything, I opened elite pack once in a while when I feel like it
but now I will stick with new blood
I really doubt 5 rares from ultimate pack could beat 7 NB pack (it could be if you get Kolos, etc, however the chance is really low, there is also chance you will get Leila or Na Boh)
296/308
GvnOva - Master - DirtyTwo Card Pickup English
Monday 23/07/2012, 05:23

New blood is .... meh . It's sure good for old players who want to keep their collection up-to-date but for new players like me , it sucks , the chance of gettin a card that worths 5k+ is low and you will need about 10k to make a complete deck to continue playing after level 15 and participate in tourny to get credits . And with the limit amount of clintz , there is only a few deck that new players can make

Basically , this pack system gives new players no long-term playing and reduce the further investment of the players who have played the game for 1-2 months . Maybe the old players will survive this .
297/308
_GODVIRUS_ - Legend - Piratas do Atlântico Português
Wednesday 01/08/2012, 04:15

The packs Extended and Elite are back.
finally...

thanks staff.

now is much better.
298/308
GvnOva - Master - DirtyTwo Card Pickup English
Wednesday 01/08/2012, 05:10

Awsome !!!!
299/308
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Wednesday 01/08/2012, 08:02

One thing I like about the UR staff...they're not afraid to admit their mistakes
300/308
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 01/08/2012, 12:52

They listen to the players and try to make changes to help both the game and the players.

« Previous12...2425262728293031Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals