Battle Points and QuickBattle Update

Thursday 28/06/2012, 16:13
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
130 messages
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Thursday 28/06/2012, 16:13

A new updated version of calculating Battle Points is now available. We have also modified the matchmaking (QuickBattle) system to provide you with a more enjoyable gaming experience and more evenly balanced contests. All the information concerning these changes can be found in our FAQs.
« Previous12...678910111213Next »

81/130
SteelSkill - Senior English
Monday 02/07/2012, 16:37

I like this new scoring rules. It's easier to win now than when the previous rules were on, because now you don't have to play 30+ matches to even get a chance to win.
82/130
FoFPrinnyDood - Titan - Friends Of Fate English
Monday 02/07/2012, 21:36

@80 no, that's not the case... i've had some cases of fighting the same opponent twice in a row, so i've been able to see more than 4 cards from their deck, and their total star count was definitely higher than 23*.

the magic number seems to be 350 battle points in a tournament, past which the system starts to match you with opponents at random, regardless of star count, but it seems to prioritize either 30*+ decks or people currently in the top 10. so it's much harder to make it past 500 under these circumstances...

also, i wish the staff would put penalties (at least -5) on Avola and Uranus, i'm just sick and tired of seeing them!
83/130
SteelSkill - Senior English
Tuesday 03/07/2012, 07:34

Won DT 2 times in the last 2 days. I'm loving the new rules
84/130
ElitePow - Imperator - New VisioN Русский
Tuesday 03/07/2012, 13:16

It would be really great if it was possible to instantly see that one of your cards has a penalty. Please, put a sign similar to the current "elo banned" on the picture of every penalised card.
85/130
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 03/07/2012, 17:17

@ElitePow: Cards would just get too full up with symbals.
86/130
Wahzoo - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Tuesday 03/07/2012, 17:26

I'm glad to see there changes are being made to benefit the Urban Rivals community. That being said, I can't wait to see what they have in store for us!
87/130
ElitePow - Imperator - New VisioN Русский
Tuesday 03/07/2012, 23:12

@UM_AaaBattery: Maybe.
But forcing the player to click on every character, or to manually check all the characters in his deck through the list in the Tournament is pretty brutal, especially with some of the more obscure penalty characters (i.e. Slyde).
Maybe put it as an additional column in My Collection Pro?
And at least mention in the My Deck menu, near the Deck Formats, that the deck "contains penalty characters".
And maybe show a list of those characters.
88/130
Wolfwitness - Hero English
Tuesday 03/07/2012, 23:53

In regards, to the penalties still not being enough to deter people from using cards the likes of Ambre. How about giving the player who meets these cards a slight bonus in addition to the existing penalty on those who use them? Something like...

Ambre +7 (For the record, I use Ambre. But yeah, it gets tiring to meet her 80% of the matches in DT)
Type A +5
Type B +3
Type C +1

If both player in a match have penalized cards then the bonus is annulled.
89/130
Dragon1der - Legend - Limit Break English
Wednesday 04/07/2012, 11:24

So give the player using the penalty card a bonus??? For what? Doesn't that defeat the point of having a penalty???
90/130
Wolfwitness - Hero English
Wednesday 04/07/2012, 12:37

No, the bonus goes to a player who's facing a penalty card and has no penalty cards himself/herself.

« Previous12...678910111213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals