What can change survivor?

Thursday 05/07/2012, 05:17
origamimaster - Senior English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
11 messages
origamimaster - Senior English - Thursday 05/07/2012, 05:17

I have looked through the survivor record decks and most of them have one thing in common: attack manipulation.
With the low amount of pillz given at later levels, attack manipulation is pretty much needed. My question is: what needs to happen for this to change.
I was thinking maybe the need to ban certain cards in this format but I would like to hear others' opinions.
« Previous12Next »

2/11
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Thursday 05/07/2012, 07:37

If you wanted to get rid of attack manipulation, you would have to ban certain clans, not certain cards. That just doesn't seem viable. There are other possible approaches to building a winning deck. Vortex pill recovery, big life gain cards + DR, etc.
3/11
Thursday 05/07/2012, 14:12

Yes I have used these kinds of decks but by the time I get to 9 pillz a deck with attack manipulation just can take you down quite easily.
Pill manipulation is another possibility that can work to try to make up the difference.
4/11
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 05/07/2012, 17:16

Use a Nightmare or Piranas deck. Bye, Bye attack manipulation bonus.
5/11
Thursday 05/07/2012, 19:25

Yeah, I think Pirana pill manip can be pretty successful in Survivor as well. There are definitely more options than just generic attack manipulation.
6/11
Friday 06/07/2012, 01:26

I would still like to see someone with a successful pill manip deck
7/11
lukernator28 - Guru - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 06/07/2012, 12:04

I got 16 wins with Piranas (Dalhia, Selma, Bloodh, Scubb, Sliman, Ahkab, Katan and Morphun)
8/11
Saturday 14/07/2012, 14:47

I was thinking closer to 20 wins but that is a good start
9/11
Saturday 14/07/2012, 22:33

I'd say Piranas pill manip definitely makes 20 wins possible. Of course at a certain point, luck becomes a huge factor in Survivor, since your opponent making 1 great move that you couldn't read can easily end your streak...

One other thing to consider is new cards with Copy Bonus. That is the best thing that's happened to UR in a long time, IMO, because it gives some cards a chance to take advantage of the enemy's attack manipulation. Just think about how easy it is to beat even the best Montana or Rescue cards with Beeboy or Futoshi Ld, and you'll see what I'm talking about. In time, there may be enough of them to give mono attack manip decks a run for their money!
10/11
Milteon_TpU - Titan - ``THe_PeRFeCT_UnKnOwN`` ελληνικά
Sunday 15/07/2012, 10:58

Attack manipulation can be beaten with SOB. Also, having DRs and the Vortex bonus sure helped me.
I did 21 wins with this deck

Teach me to fly

I know that it is not that great, but for someone that almost never plays T2, I think that it shows that there sure are other approaches except attack manipulation.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals