New mission type – Newblood missions

Friday 27/07/2012, 13:54
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
124 messages
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Friday 27/07/2012, 13:54

As of today, a new mission type known as the Newblood missions, will make its appearance. Each new character release will be accompanied by a series of 5 Newblood missions.  4 of these will use the characters within the release, while the 5th will carry a prize of 10 credits and will be unlocked on completion of the 4 other missions.  These one-off missions are available for a period of 2 weeks and will be deactivated once the next Newblood missions become available (you will, however, be able to finish the missions you have already started).
« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

41/124
Hunterrrrrrr - Titan - TrAitorzZz English
Saturday 28/07/2012, 00:10

Ow well... it's not all that bad I must say. You can buy the cards for clintz and unlock the missions then sell the cards for the same as you bought it, maybe if you time it right even with a bit of profit. So the money is not a real issue!

The only thing that still bothers me very much is that you will have to do this every two weeks, which means that if you go on a vacation for more then two weeks you will fall behind with missionpoints that you can never ever catch up.
42/124
RG LoA - Moderator - Legends of America English
Saturday 28/07/2012, 02:09

My opinion is that these new blood missions are meant to be a way to get more players using the new characters. If you are able, just unlock the missions and do them later.
43/124
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Saturday 28/07/2012, 02:22

If the missions are only to promote new cards, then why is there a time limit to activating them? A meaningless time limit for any player with several friends (or in a close-knit guild) to borrow from, or enough clintz to buy (and then resell) to activate the missions. All this new mission system does is annoy long-standing players with loopholes they have to jump through and alienate new ones from potential prizes.

The time limit is my only complaint. I'm fine with giving new blood cards missions, but not as an overly-complicated version of what's already here.
44/124
ftomi76 - Legend - Den of Urban Masters English
Saturday 28/07/2012, 09:12

Can more than 1 newblood mission be unlocked at a time ? (I tried with Hilly Billy first, it unlocked his mission, than I tried to level up Harvey so I expected to start the 2nd mission simultaneously with Billy's mission, but it did not unlock).
Also, if I only need to unlock the missions within 2 weeks, than I buy the necessary cards, unlock the missions and sell them as fast as possible to minimize the loss, and do the missions later when these cards are a lot cheaper...?!
45/124
Zoidberg1 - Legend - the courtyard of shadows English
Saturday 28/07/2012, 10:54

I was thinking of buying some credits for the first time in about 3 months, as the match selector is now just bad rathwer than really broken, but this desperation move to get as much money has annoyed me into deciding not to waste my money on UR, I like completeing the missions they give you something to work towards an objective for the game, yes you don't need to do them and the benifits from them are rarely worth having but its still an objective to go after. But the expense to gain all the new bloods each time they come out and only being available for 2 weeks means it is no longer cost effective or practicle to do them all making the missions a dead system. Again UR takes something out of the game in an attempt to make more money
46/124
Hunterrrrrrr - Titan - TrAitorzZz English
Saturday 28/07/2012, 12:21

Indeed the time-limit should be as long as the characters are in NB-pack!
If that is the case then this is a very good and fun addition to the game, but like it is now missionlovers can never take a vacation for more then two weeks. That can not be the purpose or this.
47/124
mihalll7_UM - Event team - URBAN MADNESS English
Saturday 28/07/2012, 14:11

A constant stream of new missions is a good idea itself, but this, well... things have been said

what about missions being open to everyone all the time, but IF you manage to finish them in two weeks time time, you will be given additional bonus of 10 credits

please, don't make more opportunities to fall behind in mission points forever

Lds are okay, since they are much easier, don't need money input and have longer time to complete
48/124
0 Sailus PA - Legend - Piratas do Atlântico Português
Saturday 28/07/2012, 14:41

Jean last mission... you need to buy like 8 Jean ´s and allmost impossible to win the fight and do mission xD
49/124
Champ786 - Guru - REIGN OF THE SUPREMES English
Saturday 28/07/2012, 14:46

Best tactic Buy them , start their mission, sell them buy them again when their cheaper. lol
50/124
Sai_Goober - Titan - GUNSLINGERS OF THE WEST ACADEMY English
Saturday 28/07/2012, 17:03

You guys really are throwing a fit over something that's not that complicated. Especially since most of the people commenting here have a significant card collection. Here's what you do:

1). Sell one of your fancy, moderately expensive cards that you have but aren't currently using: For example I sold my extra sylth this morning

2). Buy one of the new blood cards, using the profit you just produce with the sale of your card.

3). With the purchase of each card you unlock the corresponding mission(s) so then you can sell the card back to the market (I did so for a slight clintz loss so that I could make sure I wasn't holding the card for long, but if you can sell it back for just the loss of kate's tax, go for it).

4). Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each new blood card.

5). If applicable, buy the card you used to produce the usable clintz back (again for a slight clintz loss if necessary).

6). ???

7). PROFIT!!! (at your leisure).

Hope that helps alleviate some of the concern out there. It's a change, for sure, but it's nothing that's too insane and can't be worked to your advantage

« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals